Unit 10 Project

Options
SLM
SLM Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor ⭐
Is anyone else doing the simulation for theirs? I have just started this after months of pondering over all the books and not knowing where to start. Eventually kicked myself up the backside and so far I am 580 words in! I was just curious as to what others have chosen to write their report on? I chose what I though was the most obvious problem and what I thought I could branch off the most from into different areas without it becoming sidetracked. My confidence was lulled a bit though when my tutor told me that they didnt believe this was the best option.

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Didn't believe what was the best option? The most obvious problem? That's a bit weird. I would have thought the most obvious problem was the best idea. Has your tutor agreed your idea? You shouldn't start writing the report until they've agreed it. Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick from your post.
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I presume the most obvious option is from chapter 1 then 2, 3, 4 etc. I was advised to leave the executive summary until last, as this is a summary of the whole project, so until you've actually completed the project this is unknown. You may think you know exactly what you want to say but from experience this will change as you begin to write. Extra things will be added and something you originally wanted to include will be left out for various reasons like confidentiality etc. I can't remember exactly but the executive summary is 1 or 2. So even though it appears to be done 1st or 2nd it should be done last.

Hope this is of help
  • noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I have just completed my unit 10 and my report was based on installing a credit card machine into a small business which only accepted cash and cheques. After a short while i really got into the swing of it and it really wasnt too bad. Just waiting for AAT to list it as a finished unit and then i am celebrating
  • meibaker
    meibaker Registered Posts: 481 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    nscuffell wrote: »
    I have just completed my unit 10 and my report was based on installing a credit card machine into a small business which only accepted cash and cheques. After a short while i really got into the swing of it and it really wasnt too bad. Just waiting for AAT to list it as a finished unit and then i am celebrating

i've just started the project,after discuss with my tutor, she suggested me to do a case study as she thinks i will struggle with my orginal idea. actually, i quite like the case study, because all the information is all on that, you just marks down all the weakness and starts from that.
  • mickle
    mickle Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I am dreading starting mine. Kaplan have provided me with a lovely big book to read beforehand. I work for a bank as a manager and really dont know what i can write about. There are weaknesses of course but there isnt anybody for me to ask for advice.

Expect lots of threads from me regarding unit 10 over the next few weeks!
  • dscorey
    dscorey Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    mapping for unit 10

Does anyone know where i can find the maaping sheets for unit 10?My tutor said they were on here but cannot find them
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    dscorey wrote: »
    Does anyone know where i can find the maaping sheets for unit 10?My tutor said they were on here but cannot find them

[post=205887]Try this link[/post]

[thread=26948]Try this link[/thread]

[thread=26835]Try this link[/thread]
  • SusieQtips
    SusieQtips Registered Posts: 65 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    nscuffell

What a relief to read your post. I have been pondering for the last 2 months on what I could do a project on. I just didn't know where to start. As I work for the government and we are audited twice a year, there are no weaknesses and i have to be very careful on what i can write in a report. As we have just started taking credit cards (having previously only accepting bank and cheque payments) you have given me a great starting point.
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    mickle wrote: »
    I am dreading starting mine. Kaplan have provided me with a lovely big book to read beforehand. I work for a bank as a manager and really dont know what i can write about. There are weaknesses of course but there isnt anybody for me to ask for advice.

Expect lots of threads from me regarding unit 10 over the next few weeks!

what about providing loan to customers who does not have a crediable income to support the repayment of the loan and it's interest?
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    sdv wrote: »
    what about providing loan to customers who does not have a crediable income to support the repayment of the loan and it's interest?

Very topical at the moment lol. :)
  • mickle
    mickle Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi,

Great idea. Banks often rely too heavily on the results from a credit search and I often face difficult customers who dont understand why products aren't approved for them when they have a great Financial history with the bank. I will research a little more and have a word with my assessor.

Thanks for your ideas!
Privacy Policy