Cima

Options
taskey
taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
So who has passed and who has registered for CIMA for the next onslaught?

Tracy

Comments

• Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    i plan to when i pass
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I haven't registered yet, but my manager has sent a proposal to our HR department for funding. Based on the proposal, HR might agree and if not, no funding, if they do agree, it will go to our financial controller and the finance director who have to agree to it, before anything comes my way. I did however get myself the Kaplan's F1 book and started on it slowly to give myself a headstart, for when they finally decide yes or no.

I did decide to CIMA in the end, management accounting just comes easier to me then financial accounting. (And this way I might get some funding. If I start ACCA I won't get any funding at all and I would seriously harm any chances of promotion in the company.)
  • Claire321
    Claire321 Registered Posts: 209 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I am hoping to start CIMA in January. I missed the July deadline as I having trouble getting my project sorted - the final hurdle!

I'm intending to get the certificate level books beforehand to have a read through, to pick up on any bits not already covered and also for a bit of a recap as I've been studying for AAT for nearly 6 years.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    same as me, i am looking to register in January, but get the books before hand.

Clare, if you have passed all of the AAT, you are exempt from the certificate level, you just have to pay a fee of ยฃ44 per exam and you get an exemption certificate.

i am looking at buying BPP books for E1, F1 and P1, but only sit 2 of them in March - we will see

Tracy
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I got the Kaplan book for F1, but after being used to the Osbourne books and having used the BPP books as well, I think I prefer the BPP books. So once my work either comes through with funding or not, I'll get the BPP books via the online course or just the books.

I thought the March exams were resits only? And I also only saw P1 as an option in March. But that was on the Kaplan site.
    However on the CIMA site it only has the information for the September 2010 dates so far as extra dates. But still only one professional exam (P1).
  • Claire321
    Claire321 Registered Posts: 209 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    taskey wrote: ยป
    same as me, i am looking to register in January, but get the books before hand.

Clare, if you have passed all of the AAT, you are exempt from the certificate level, you just have to pay a fee of ยฃ44 per exam and you get an exemption certificate.

i am looking at buying BPP books for E1, F1 and P1, but only sit 2 of them in March - we will see

Tracy

I know, I am planning to pay for the exemptions I just want to have a bt of a recap as it's been quite a while since I studied some topics and I'm not expecting CIMA to be easy!

I have decided which modules to take yet, probably E1 & F1 - It's a good idea to get books now though.
  • Jon_1984
    Jon_1984 Registered Posts: 186 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I have taken a bit of time out but have now bought the kaplan books and will register in January for the May exams.
Privacy Policy