Acca

Glynis
Glynis Registered Posts: 488 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
I failed F8 in June so have taken some time to think about my options but want to give it another go. I tried to register for the exam in December and they said I have left it too late! The person at ACCA was no help and was just so dismissive about it. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what did you do about it? I am absolutely furious and won't be leaving it there.

Comments

• mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    You have until mid October to register for the ACCA exams.
    Maybe they thought you meant you had to register with the ACCA as a student?
    You must have an online ACCA student account - you can enter the exams from there and pay via card payment.
    I was logged in this morning to check the date as I am entering for F4 & F5.
  • Glynis
    Glynis Registered Posts: 488 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    The person at ACCA told me the deadline was August 15th and I said to him how the hell can I register for an exam before I have my results and he just wouldn't listen. I will ring them again on Monday and try again. I can't access my account on ACCA for some reason so will have to sort that out also. Thank you for your help Rachey and Mini
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I may end up eating my words at some point, but Glynis I agree with you.......... I don't see how they can put a deadline before the results are out, but if thats the way they do it then so be it. Maybe different rules apply for resits? I haven't fully looked into it yet, hopefully someone with experience will join the thread :-)

You'll need to just accept it if they are the rules, shouting at people down phones wont help you!
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Rachel,

You need to register or re-register as a student by 15 August to sit December exams. I am not sure when the deadline is to enter for exams but Mini Schnauzer date seems to ring bells.

Best regards
    Steve
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Brilliant :-) Maybe you weren't too clear on the phone Glynis? I obviously did a quick google when I read your post Glynis and that was what I came up with.

You have had run ins with ACCA on numerous occasions, maybe it's your manner. I am deliberately awkward on the phone at work when someone has an attitude with me, just for the fun of it. I'm sure i'm not alone but probably the only one to admit it...!!!
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Glynis wrote: ยป
    I am absolutely furious and won't be leaving it there.

You should write a daily blog, I think it could be popular and could attract some lucrative advertising! :)

You have plenty of time to enter the exams.
  • mark057
    mark057 Registered Posts: 354 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    The ACCA staff I've spoken to in the past were fine on the phone.

You have until the middle of October to enter the December exams. You just need to be registered as an ACCA student by the 15th August to sit December exams. These are two seperate criteria.

I think you need to keep your powder dry over this one Glynnis because your trying to fight a non-existent battle.

Just out of interest, why did you sit F8? This is your first paper at ACCA level. Surely it would be more logical to begin with F4?
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    The ACCA staff I've spoken to in the past were fine on the phone.

I agree, I have always found ACCA to be helpful at resolving queries.

Just a thought, but if ACCA are like AAT, they will not release results to students who are not up to date with fees. As Glynis has received her results, surely she is registered and would be able to sit exams in December??
Privacy Policy