VT Transaction - Opening Balances

anniem
anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
OK - I've downloaded trial software and input 9 months worth of one of the company's accounts (at work - I inherited old fashioned ledgers and want to modernise - one business already on Farmplan but the other 2 are still in very very old fashioned ledgers!!!)

What I haven't been able to figure out is how to bring in brought forward figures for fixed assets.!

If I put them in as an addition is screws the bank balance, if I try to input a journal I can't make it cross the year end without it contra'ing itself!

I just want to have an opening balance, but even following all the instructions I can't make it happen. Do I want it to be on the opening balance creditors account? as this seems to be where the instructions tell me to put it?

Anna
FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire

Comments

• noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Do you not have them in the comparitive column as this should bring them in. also you need to add it in the data field
  • anniem
    But I can't figure out how to get them there .....
  • noodles
    cant you enter it using the year end date for the prior year. How did you enter the other data on for the prior year in the balance sheet. The other side should be retained earnings or you would not balance. After entering on all the balance sheet items you should be left with a number and this is entered as one figure. I may be missing your point and apologies if I am.
  • noodles
    anniem wrote: Β»
    But I can't figure out how to get them there .....
    If you want to send me the file and remove the name I can take a look for you, I have VT and will gladly try and help.
  • anniem
    Thanks Nicky. I'll get organised and then send it to you. ;)

Anna
Privacy Policy