Study ATT

Options
No.1
No.1 Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
I've completed ATT and I would like to continue studying for ATT, but my employer (manager) doesn't want be my sponser, the reason is ATT is totally irrelavant to my job. I will fund myself, I would appreciate some advice.

No.1

Comments

• Siobhan Carmel
    Siobhan Carmel Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Could you just buy the text books and study at home? That way you would not run up large bills.

Might take you a while though - but you should make progress.

Siobhan
  • No.1
    Options
    According the student prospectus, if I apply to be registered as a student and must be supported by a statement from one sponsor. It is frustrating.....

No.1
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    May be obvious but have you explained to your current manager that by being a sponsor that the company are not saying they will support you financially or with any practical experience? All he is doing is saying that in his opinion you are fit to be a member of the ATT.
    Regards,

Burg
  • No.1
    Options
    study ATT

Basically he doesn't want to help me, he held the student prospectus for two weeks, everytime i ask him, he said he will read it and contact HR. Last Friday I asked him again and I would like to have the prospectus back.
    I contacted ATT today, they will accept my tutor as my sponsor duo to my special circumstance. I will phone her tomorrow and ask for help. Fingers crossed!

No.1
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Glad to hear they can be flexible in it!

Hope your tutor is all happy to help!
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Just a thought, my employer is not my sponser for ATT, a chartered accountant I know agreed to sponsor me, she was aware of the type of work I was doing etc and agreed that I was a suitable person, in her opinion, to study ATT and become a member.
  • No.1
    Options
    Study ATT

Thank you guys - all the replies.

No.1
Privacy Policy