Quick question

Options
angharadmai
angharadmai Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
I have nearly completed the AAT Technician level and have DFS left in December. Also, I chose to do 3 out of the 4 optional units rather than the 2 required. I have already done 2 out of the 3 but am yet to complete the audit unit. Would it make any difference if I didn't complete the audit unit until after the December exam? I am hoping to move onto ACCA in February but don't need to have done the audit unit, only DFS.

If anyone knows anything about this, please reply.

Thanks
Angharad

Comments

• meibaker
    meibaker Registered Posts: 481 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I have nearly completed the AAT Technician level and have DFS left in December. Also, I chose to do 3 out of the 4 optional units rather than the 2 required. I have already done 2 out of the 3 but am yet to complete the audit unit. Would it make any difference if I didn't complete the audit unit until after the December exam? I am hoping to move onto ACCA in February but don't need to have done the audit unit, only DFS.

If anyone knows anything about this, please reply.

Thanks
    Angharad

don't think as we are only required to choose 2.
    so BTW, how do you move to ACCA in Feb? that's what i am aiming to do too, have you register with them yet? on acca website, it states students need to register before Sep, and they will be able to do their first exam in dec.
  • angharadmai
    Options
    Meibaker,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't think it would make any difference but would like to complete the audit unit regardless.

I will be sending my ACCA registration form off to tomorrow. I phoned the ACCA for a registration pack, they were a bit slow to be honest. You can order a registration pack online but that didn't work for me, but I got one after phoning them. The deadline for registering before exams in June 2009 is 31 December 2010. The say the forms could take up to 6 weeks to be processed, so best to send them with plenty of time in case.

Do you know how it works with our exemptions as I won't get my DFS results and completion of the level until February results?

Thanks
    Angharad
  • meibaker
    Options
    be honest, i am not too sure myself. i think once the result is coming out, you can then ask AAT to pass your qulification to ACCA?? i am going to register next year as i am too sure if i will pass MAC and DFS this dec. good luck to you!
  • meibaker
    Options
    just check on AAT website, you can either phone up yourself, or you can ask AAT to do it for you! https://www.aat.org.uk/students/student_details/
  • tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Meibaker,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't think it would make any difference but would like to complete the audit unit regardless.

I will be sending my ACCA registration form off to tomorrow. I phoned the ACCA for a registration pack, they were a bit slow to be honest. You can order a registration pack online but that didn't work for me, but I got one after phoning them. The deadline for registering before exams in June 2009 is 31 December 2010. The say the forms could take up to 6 weeks to be processed, so best to send them with plenty of time in case.

Do you know how it works with our exemptions as I won't get my DFS results and completion of the level until February results?

Thanks
    Angharad
    You can also just register online, which is quicker than waiting for the pack, filling it in and then sending it back along with the paperwork. That's how I did it and I was fully registered after I sent in the copies of my AAT certificates and copies of my passport.
    As for exemptions, after you take your final exam in December, you can email or call AAT to tell them to release your results to ACCA and then once the results come out and your SOA is updated with your results, you can email, fax or just send your updated statement to ACCA to eb awarded your exemptions.
  • angharadmai
    Options
    Thanks for the replies with regard to exemptions. Will inform AAT after sitting December exam.
    Thanks,
    Angharad
Privacy Policy