Trainee Accounts Assistant Vacancy

Options
burg
burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
We are looking for a Trainee Accounts Assistant for our practice based near the Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire. We are a small modern practice, running a paperless office, fixed fees and no time-sheets. We have a relaxed and friendly relationship with our clients and are looking for someone likewise.

The role is part time, approx 15 hours per week term-time.
Initially a fixed term maternity cover (1 Nov - 31 July) but may become permanent.

Duties to include:-

Bookkeeping
Payroll
VAT Returns
Accounts Preparation
General admin

Experience isn't necessary as full training will be given.

Competitive salary with bonus scheme.

Please email CV's to info@mbsaccountants.co.uk
Regards,

Burg

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Just a suggestion - Are you able to make it 16 hours per week? People working 16 hours or more per week are entitled to WFTC, if you work less than that you don't get it. When I've advertised for staff before I've always had to make it at least 16 hours pw to get any interest at all.
  • burg
    Options
    It's slightly for this reason that we have said approx 15hrs. As we can then go up to 16 hours for those who require it.

Will keep it in mind though for if we don't get much interest.

Thanks
    Regards,

Burg
  • Sparkly
    Sparkly Registered Posts: 139 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hi Ian,

I was just wondering how your hunt for your trainee has gone? I read your post with interest when I found that you are based so close to me! You are the first person I've found on the forums local to myself!

I would also like to say congratulations on your award nomination, it is good to see something so positive on here and such success is an inspiration to those of us who are still studying - it reminds us of what it is possible to achieve with the AAT qualification behind us.
  • burg
    Options
    Hi Sparkly,

No not many of us from Gloucestershire on here. I only know of one other, cannot recall his name at present. I think some of us stick to particular areas of the forum and don't come across others that may be local to us for this reason.

It is good to find others from the local area though. What level are you currently studying at? Are you currently employed in a related role? If so are you finding that it compliments your study nicely? If not then I wish you every success in finding suitable employment.

The search is going ok. It's been with the Job Centre for around a week or so and went in The Citizen and Echo yesterday and the Forrester today. We have found one person who would be very suited but are waiting to see others.

Thank you for your kind words about the nomination.
    Regards,

Burg
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    burg wrote: Β»
    Hi Sparkly,

No not many of us from Gloucestershire on here. I only know of one other, cannot recall his name at present.

Is it me? ;-)
  • burg
    Options
    NeilH wrote: Β»
    Is it me? ;-)

It is Neil.

Sorry, I can remember plenty about you but just not your name.

You still making that long trek over to Fairford?

Hope things are going well?
    Regards,

Burg
  • NeilH
    Options
    Hi

Yup, still making that (too long) trek! ;-S
  • burg
    Options
    Well done at least you are still committed to the cause!
    Regards,

Burg
  • NeilH
    Options
    burg wrote: Β»
    Well done at least you are still committed to the cause!

It keeps a roof over my head!
  • snowmarauder
    snowmarauder Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi Ian, I have emailed you, on yr info@ bizz address, its self explanatory.
  • Sparkly
    Sparkly Registered Posts: 139 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hi Ian,

I saw the article on you in the Review newspaper so it seems your PR is working :)

I'm studying technician level but still have a lot of work to do as I still have the skills tests from the previous two levels to complete, and the dreaded unit 10 project! I think because I have done this on my own via distance learning I have not been quite as disciplined as I would have been if I'd had college to keep me on track!

I am lucky that my work fits in nicely with my studies. I work in Lydney for a manufacturing company where I am involved in, amongst other things, purchase ledger, external and government reporting and quite heavily involved in month end closing. My boss is very supportive of me and sneakily adds to my workload so I don't get chance to get scared of the extra responsibility she is giving me!

Kelly

ps Hi Neil!!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Not from Gloucestershire myself - couldn't even find it on a map of the UK to be honest - but the only other person I know who ever came from there was a certain Fred West.

(Sorry for butting into your thread, Burg...!)
  • burg
    Options
    Thanks Blobbyh.

Glad to see we are famous for something!

Our rugby team has a habit of finishing top of the premiership and then losing in the 'final', where first plays second to see who is the overall winner. Stupid system if you ask me!

Cheltenham probably is a bit more famous due to the Gold Cup (Horse racing).
    Regards,

Burg
  • NeilH
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: Β»
    Not from Gloucestershire myself - couldn't even find it on a map of the UK to be honest - but the only other person I know who ever came from there was a certain Fred West.

(Sorry for butting into your thread, Burg...!)

I had a college lecturer (not accounting) who had been a neighbour of his!
Privacy Policy