voluntary work

taskey
taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
ok, i am now very near to finishing my AAT, and in the long run i am wanting to work for myself.

presently i am a volunteer treasurer for 3 separate groups. Do i need PII or am i ok for now until i become MIP, are the rules different for volunteers?

just want to get things right before i start. I have a few potential clients once i am qualified, i dont want to take them on as yet, although i would love to.

Any thoughts would be welcome

Tracy

Comments

• T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I wouldn't have thought you needed PI insurance at this stage, but to be on the safe side I would call the AAT for advice.
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    T.C. wrote: »
    I wouldn't have thought you needed PI insurance at this stage, but to be on the safe side I would call the AAT for advice.

As long as you're not being paid then you're not classed as being "in practice" so you shouldn't need PII.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    thanks all

that is how i read the guidelines too but as it says "even if you are doing it on a voluntary basis", in the members section i just wanted to make sure. i am hoping it wont be too long before i will be a member in practise and paying my money soon :)

Tracy
Privacy Policy