Why are women so bitchy??

speegs
speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
I went to an AAT seminar yesterday in London, and I turned up wearing jeans. Now, instead of two women asking me first about why I might be wearing jeans I heard them talking under their breath about "how disgusting it is that people wear jeans to seminars and that the AAT should introduce a dress code". Now about half the people there were wearing jeans and some were wearing suits and some ladies had particularly low cut tops on (the two gossipers included). My question is, why did they not ask us why we were dressed as we were? I don't know about the other attendees, but personally, I had come straight from Great Ormand Street Hospital where I had been on a family rota and spent the night with my 4 year niece who kidneys are screwed.

WAKE UP PEOPLE. TRY CONSIDERING WHAT OTHER PEOPLE MIGHT BE GOING THROUGH BEFORE MAKING BITCHY COMMENTS!!!

Comments

• jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Dont worry about it, they were probably just jealous because they wished they'd worn jeans. Its there own insecurity showing through.

Best wishes to your neice by the way.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Men can be just as bitchy as women by the way! I get really annoyed with people who look you up and down at seminars as some of them seem to think they are better than you. I bet those bitches were caked in make-up as well as wearing low-cut tops! Dont let it bother you (easier said than done)

P.S Hope your niece recovers soon
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    jewels.p wrote: Β»
    Men can be just as bitchy as women by the way!

Nah, I don't agree with that. We can be a bit mean at times admittedly, but women have it to a fine art when it comes to downright bitchiness. You don't see men glaring at other men 'cos the other blokes worn better clothes than they have - we're just like "nice" and then immediately get over it.

But when it comes to women... jeez. It's quite funny to see the daggers they throw at their fellow sex with their eyes.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    speegs - wear your jeans with pride hun sod the lot of them just shows what sad lives they lead when all they can do bitch about trivival meaningless things like dress codes.

Robert i was on the bus tonight and had a relivation hearing two blokey blokes talking about what they were wearing tonight on a night out one said to another "dont wear the jeans with the drawstrings as (didnt catch the name) wore them last week and looked a right plonker, made me smile lol.

Hope the best for you and your family speegs
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Speegs, really sorry to hear about your niece and I truly hope that they can successfully treat her!

Not ALL women are bitches, but there are some bloody good bitches out there!

I always think that actually, it doesn't matter what you look like, as long as you go - what you wore is not actually required to be included in your CPD file!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts about my niece getting better. For those of you who are interested, she has Nephrotic Syndrome which basically means were kidneys are screwed. She loves hospital though as she gets to watch all the DVDs she wants to, so it is worth all the needles and blood test. Aren't kids great in their reasoning.

Speegs
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor 🐘
    it really puts things int context. why all the moaning in the world if a kid can think like that
  • A-Vic
    speegs wrote: Β»
    Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts about my niece getting better. For those of you who are interested, she has Nephrotic Syndrome which basically means were kidneys are screwed. She loves hospital though as she gets to watch all the DVDs she wants to, so it is worth all the needles and blood test. Aren't kids great in their reasoning.

Speegs

Mine spent most of her first five years in hospital with cronic asma and many a trip to M&S for telly tubby custard and toast and dvds worked a treat when it came to tests. Even po had to have the same tests.
  • exam panic
    exam panic Registered Posts: 157 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    That why we call them women
  • katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    That why we call them women

Not all women are bitchy. Just a selection of them. Some men can be as horrid also.
  • exam panic
    exam panic Registered Posts: 157 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Not all women are bitchy. Just a selection of them. Some men can be as horrid also.

Yes not all but most of them are bitchy , by the way gays men are bitchy as well
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Easy there tiger!
  • A-Vic
    jow774 wrote: Β»
    Easy there tiger!

:lol:
  • bumblebee
    bumblebee Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Thought i would put few words into this!
    Women are blessed with a distintive characteristics, some of these are... to be thoughtful, observant and being polite; unfortunately, and its sad that they end up misusing these talents.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I'm one of those women who gets on better with men. I don't 'get' women. So the female friends I do have are also the ones who get on better with men. I seem to circumvent the bitchiness that way!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Do you think the best lower managers are also men? Throughout my working life, while I've met some male lower managers who were pretty crap, I'd have to say that all the female ones were. One I remember was particularly downright evil, the way I once saw her belittle one of her young, also female, workers. I ended up making an official complaint on the young workers behalf, I was so enraged. I seriously don't think she would have spoken to a male that way, it was just pure and simple bullying.

I just think that female leaders at that level are like queen bees "lovingly" surrounded by their adoring workers yet explosively turn vicious on them when they don't do what they're "told". They rule by fear not fairness. To me, the difference is that men tend to think more logically and impassionately whereas those women thought emotionally and very passionately, often blowing the orginal infringement out of all sense of proportion.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    blobbyh wrote: Β»
    Do you think the best lower managers are also men? Throughout my working life, while I've met some male lower managers who were pretty crap, I'd have to say that all the female ones were. One I remember was particularly downright evil, the way I once saw her belittle one of her young, also female, workers. I ended up making an official complaint on the young workers behalf, I was so enraged. I seriously don't think she would have spoken to a male that way, it was just pure and simple bullying.

I just think that female leaders at that level are like queen bees "lovingly" surrounded by their adoring workers yet explosively turn vicious on them when they don't do what they're "told". They rule by fear not fairness. To me, the difference is that men tend to think more logically and impassionately whereas those women thought emotionally and very passionately, often blowing the orginal infringement out of all sense of proportion.

I am a female manager and agree with everything you say Blobby I am a REAL BITCH!.................only kidding I am a pussycat really!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    i have had many male bosses (being in the army and all that) but my worst ever boss was a female. she did not agree to working mums, so she did not get me at all. she was horrible and alot of the things she said and done were infront of her croonies to make her look good. she was a nasty piece of work, and now she is the HR director - makes me laugh everytime we get anything from her.

i also get on better with blokes than women, i think they can actually have a conversation rather than just talk.

Tracy
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I usually get on better with men, rather then women, but our current manager is a woman and she is great.

Compared to the managers I've had I preferred man over woman though. Although when I was a manager, I definitely was not bitchy, but reasonable fair.
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    i have to say that i've had mixed experiences with both.

I had one (female) boss who when i have two days off when my cousin died (i was working part time in a shop, i was 17, this was two evenings, two hours each) didnt believe me, and decided to pull me in and ask why the hell i didnt ring in, and that they were 'worried about me' - my mum had rung in on my behalf as i was either sitting not talking, or crying my eyes out. She then proceeded to ask the other members of staff if i was telling the truth. grrrr.

and the other is my current boss, he gets angry over the slightest thing, and i have been called stupid quite a few times....i know i'm in sales but come on! lol
Privacy Policy