Closing Company and moving abroad

Rachel Registered Posts: 348 Dedicated contributor 🦉

I have a client who is thinking of closing and moving abroad.

They have asked me for advise on whether to keep the company open and have it as dormant or to close it completely.

Obviously, keeping the company open albeit dormant it will need CH filing and annual return.

Is there anything I need to be aware of?

I am gutted a really good client.


  • acsacsacs
    acsacsacs Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi Rachel

    For companies house that is right in theory all you have to do is submit yearly dormant accounts and then file a yearly annual return.

    You also need to inform HMR&C regarding the dormant status, and sort out things like PAYE, VAT etc etc.
Privacy Policy