Favourite music

Options
bumblebee
bumblebee Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Andrea Bocelli's "Time to say goodbye" I can hear that over and over again, wish i could understand Italian though dont have a clue what he says... but sounds good.

Comments

• Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I love to clean out my nosehair to that tune.

Seriously, I like the Bees, especially "Listening Man" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opm-qsGxzNY
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Have you heard James Brown & Paverotti doing 'A mans world' on you tube? (thought you might like it)
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I liked Sarah Brightman's "Time To Say Goodbye" from years ago but hate the song now it's been done to death.

And maybe it's just me, but don't you think this years X-Factor candidates are probably the worst bunch of finalists since the show began?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I liked Sarah Brightman's "Time To Say Goodbye" from years ago but hate the song now it's been done to death.

And maybe it's just me, but don't you think this years X-Factor candidates are probably the worst bunch of finalists since the show began?

OMG agree with the over 28's but am willing for mary the irish rose lol

But i think cher will be there till the end
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    That wee lassie from Scotland should still be in (cant remember her name)

I thought she was loads better than the Blondie lassie! (with the bloody awful eyelashes) yuk!
  • A-Vic
    Options
    drama queen as cheryl put it i liked her at first but hope she is out first
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    But i think cher will be there till the end

I think she will, shes one of the very few that stood out!

Is her name Gamu, I was surprised she went out, and the other youngish lad Paige? with the soul sounding voice.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I do believe I have never watched The X-Factor. It's some kind of karaoke competition, right?
  • jewels.p
    Options
    CJC wrote: ยป
    I do believe I have never watched The X-Factor. It's some kind of karaoke competition, right?

Going by the Over 28's I do believe it is this year!
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Going by the Over 28's I do believe it is this year!

Oi dont you be picking on my mary i hope she does really well its nice to see someone real in it after all (remember susan boyle)
  • jewels.p
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Oi dont you be picking on my mary i hope she does really well its nice to see someone real in it after all (remember susan boyle)

Oops sorry I didnt realise you were rooting for her,:lol: but face facts she aint gonna win in a million years, she aint got the pop star look that always wins! (remembering susan boyle was Britains Got Talent not the X(gotta look like a popstar)-Factor!
  • blobbyh
    Options
    And Boyle didn't win either. Cowell couldn't risk her going into one of her funny turns and flicking V signs up at Her Maj so probably rigged the vote.

Let's face it, you've got to look nice to win the X Factor and/or have such an exceptional voice that they simply cannot ignore you. Leonia and Alexandra arguably did both but where are Steve, Leon, Shane, Joe etc? In the bargain bins come the following summer along with Paul Potts.
  • jewels.p
    Options
    And Boyle didn't win either. Cowell couldn't risk her going into one of her funny turns and flicking V signs up at Her Maj so probably rigged the vote.

Let's face it, you've got to look nice to win the X Factor and/or have such an exceptional voice that they simply cannot ignore you. Leonia and Alexandra arguably did both but where are Steve, Leon, Shane, Joe etc? In the bargain bins come the following summer along with Paul Potts.

Did you notice something Blobby all the bargain biners are MALE! :lol:
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Did you notice something Blobby all the bargain biners are MALE! :lol:

Well now you mention it Jewels, yes you do have a point and don't forget Girls Aloud as the most successful of all of them (in the UK at least). But let's also not forget that Michelle McMammoth was female AND from Scotland, Will Young is gay and Gareth G-g-g-Gates is something only half runt masculine.

However, I also couldn't help but notice that The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Who, Muse, Iron Maiden and dozens of others are not only English but count only true males amongst them.

How's that for a post? Sexist, xenophobic, homophobic and macho all in the same one - I've truly outblobbed myself. My 'enemies' will refer to this one at a later date, no doubt.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Well now you mention it Jewels, yes you do have a point and don't forget Girls Aloud as the most successful of all of them (in the UK at least). But let's also not forget that Michelle McMammoth was female AND from Scotland, Will Young is gay and Gareth G-g-g-Gates is something only half runt masculine.

However, I also couldn't help but notice that The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Who, Muse, Iron Maiden and dozens of others are not only English but count only true males amongst them.

How's that for a post? Sexist, xenophobic, homophobic and macho all in the same one - I've truly outblobbed myself. My 'enemies' will refer to this one at a later date, no doubt.

But you do make a good point, it must have a bearing on the target market.
  • A-Vic
    Options

Funny enough i was just about to say now you know what you have to do :lol:
  • jewels.p
    Options
    I love that word "outblobbed" lets make it the word of the month! :lol:
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    So Mr B., tedious soporific 'classic' rock dinosaurs = male, cynically manufactured exploitative pop dross = female or gay. No-one seems to come out of this too well.
  • blobbyh
    Options
    tedious soporific 'classic' rock dinosaurs = male

Thinking about it, my initial sweeping statement probably isn't that far wide of the mark. All the legendary bands were all male or male dominated and I can't think of any band in that ilk with a fully female line up who were there on merit rather than simply having 'totty' as the main focal point. In the metal world, over the last thirty years I can only remember three fully female groups who were slightly famous and none of those ever came to anything more (and one of those was primarily eye candy, the other two groups were nearly all "double baggers").
    cynically manufactured exploitative pop dross = female or gay.

I was kidding about this one but how many pop acts have been manufactured for the boy/man market - we all know who the target audience (record buying public) for the TV shows are.
  • blobbyh
    Options
    !
Privacy Policy