PDF Converter

Options
JodieR
JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Can anyone recomend a good PDF converter to convert excel spreadsheets? Loads come up on google but I'm weary of downloading something without proof that it does what it claims to without infecting my computer!
I don't mind paying a bit for it if it works nicely.

Comments

• anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hi Jodie

Have you just tried;

File

Save as

Then where it says "Excel 97 - 03" scroll down to "pdf"?

If you've got adobe on your system it just seems to do it - but don't ask me how!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • JodieR
    Options
    Ah that would have been great but I don't have a pdf option on my dropdown list :(
    I'll look to see whether it needs a plugin or something. which version of office are you using?
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    It works on 2007 and 2010
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • JodieR
    Options
    Figured as much... I've just bought 2010 - thanks for your help :)
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I use cutepdf and it works like an extra printer, you just select print and then cutepdf and it converts it to a pdf file.

I also use primopdf at work, both are free and I couldn't be without them.
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    Cute PDF is free and works well. I also use there professional version to create PDF accounts which can be signed electronically and sent back to me so I can then run everything paperless.

You just need the writer version. It installs as a printer so you select print choose Cute PDF Writer as the printer and it asks where you want to save it.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Great minds think alike eh Ian??? Or is it that fools seldom differ?
  • burg
    Options
    Great minds think alike eh Ian??? Or is it that fools seldom differ?

Great product though Annette. The free writer does what it says it does and the professional version saves loads versus Adobe Acrobat.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Sue
    Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi Jodie

I use PDF Factory, it works in the same way as cute pdf but is not free.

I have also started using Nitro PDF Professional which will also convert documents to PDF but has the advantage that you can edit PDF documents and convert PDF documents back into word, excel and image documents.

Sue
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    We used to use Cute PDF but HMRC had occasional trouble accepting PDFs created in that software, so I now use PrimoPDF which is practically the same thing. They are both free.

It installs as a printer on your machine, so you tell the document to print as normal, and specify the PDF printer, and it brings up the Save As dialog box.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Another cutepdf user here!
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Me too..

Ian, how's the electronic signature work on the pro version?
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    burg wrote: ยป
    Cute PDF is free and works well. I also use there professional version to create PDF accounts which can be signed electronically and sent back to me so I can then run everything paperless.

I've also used cute, how much is the pro version Ian?
  • burg
    Options
    It's a little complicated Dean.

I'll email you.
    Regards,

Burg
  • burg
    Options
    jilt wrote: ยป
    I've also used cute, how much is the pro version Ian?

It's $50. So about ยฃ30 depending on what the exchange rate is. When you compare to Acrobat at a around ยฃ250+ then it's pretty cheap. Acrobat does do a lot more and a lot neater but I spent a while playing with Cute PDF to get it to be able to email right back to me the signed accounts etc.
    Regards,

Burg
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Well ยฃ30 ish I can afford, but not ยฃ250 at the moment. I'll consider that, was it really difficult to sort, I'm worried I'll end up throwing a wobbly if I can't get it to work properly. I'm also curious as to how an email signature works, is it just a disclaimer of sorts and by emailing back they agree that the accounts are correct and want you to file?
  • burg
    Options
    jilt wrote: ยป
    Well ยฃ30 ish I can afford, but not ยฃ250 at the moment. I'll consider that, was it really difficult to sort, I'm worried I'll end up throwing a wobbly if I can't get it to work properly. I'm also curious as to how an email signature works, is it just a disclaimer of sorts and by emailing back they agree that the accounts are correct and want you to file?

It took quite a bit of working to set up as Cute pdf themselves didn't think it was possible.

I basically add a button which submits the form details back to me. This was the tricky bit.

The other bits are more form fields which they add info to such as name and date. Plus then a disclaimer stating its an electronic form.
    Regards,

Burg
  • jmp2008
    jmp2008 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Count me in for cute pdf !!! It's very handy....thanks for the tips guys...
Privacy Policy