Ebay...

Options
Yazi
Yazi Registered Posts: 225 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Hi.
Scenario.

Bought car part on ebay - Description in words explained it fitted what I wanted it to fit. It didnt. Returned by recorded delivery.

Said please refund by Paypal. Seller wants to send a cheque.

Dont want a cheque as its outside of Ebay. Seller cant refund by paypal he says as funds have been transferred to his account.

Ebay not much help.

Would you accept cheque or ask for bank transfer?

Yas

Comments

• taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    i would still request paypal, if he has already transferred the money out of his paypal, there should be no stress as paypal just take the money from his nominated account anyway.

Did you pay by paypal? if so, they should be able to help you

Tracy
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    If it's a UK seller, I'd just take the cheque and wait for it to clear rather than continue a dispute longer than it probably needs to. It's too easy to get sucked into sole reliance on electronic methods and we're so paranoid about everything these days that we tend to assume dishonesty by default.

As long as you get your refund, does it really matter what format it comes in? If you don't get it, that's when you should use your otherwise wasted energies.
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Just make sure you don't close the dispute untill the cheque's cleared!
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Just make sure you don't close the dispute untill the cheque's cleared!

Exactly what i was gonna say. Keep any corresponence. Youll be alright.
  • Yazi
    Yazi Registered Posts: 225 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Thanks for your advice..will bank the cheque when it arrives then.

Yas
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    IMO - @ Andrea and Steve - unless something goes wrong with the refund there's no real need to open a dispute in the first place as it can turn a friendly negotiation into seething hostilities. The seller has never said they won't refund, it's just the method of refunding that's up for discussion. I've both bought and sold stuff by E-Bay and while I know how to pay via PayPal, I wouldn't know how to refund by the same method, never having had cause to even consider it.

My point is, 99.9% of UK based (partially) PayPal savvy E-Bay buyers and sellers are probably legit so let's not get too carried away by the minuscule minority or we might as well live 100% of our online lives in fear of absolutely everything. And if we act like that, we might as well not use E-bay in the first place.
Privacy Policy