Help again please...

tomhann20
tomhann20 Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
Ive managed to find a good trainging provider but have stumbled at the next hurdle... I was looking at the AAT registeration and it states if you are in an arrangement with creditors this could be a problem has anyone had any dealings with this themselves, I was made unemployed a few years back which put me in financial difficulty so used credit to fund my other credit went back to work but with a lot lower wage and it was far too much for me to handle so am now in an debt management plan which im paying well but do I have nearly all my credit defaulted.... has anyone else been there im terrified my stu[idity is now going to affect my future when im trying to do the right thing and put everything that has been wronged right!!!

thanks in advance muchly appreciated...

Comments

• janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    tomhann20

I have just registered with AAT and got a bit anxious when I saw this, but was told it actually relates to the first bit, so unless you answered yes to being made bankrupt it doesn't count.

Hope this helps, good luck with the course, have just finished costing and have exam in a couple of weeks, not as brave though doing 1 day a week at college
  • tomhann20
    thank you so much for getting back to me Im driving myself crazy and trying to draft a letter explaining my stupidity but the more I write the more stupid I look for getting into the posistion but sadly heind sight is a great thing.

Sorry could you explain a little more, so did you have to make a declerations and any covering letters or just say no to the declaration?
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I just said no to the questions and sent it off,I added no letters or anything, takes quite a while by post they say it is quicker on line but I had to pay by cheque. Anyway by the sounds of it this didn't happen recently so if more than 3 years ago you don't have to declare to anyone.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    i know it is not quite the same thing, but this was posted a while ago if it is any help

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=16983&highlight=bankruptcy

tracy
  • tomhann20
    thanks very much im just compling a cover letter together explaining everything... Ireally do not want to give up on my dream but if they do turn me down I can not see any other way. :-(
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    just be honest and good luck

Tracy
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I honestly don't know how it will affect your membership, but from an advising people perspective you have a real experience that could actually be of assistance if you are working with other people's accounts.

Don't judge yourself so harshly - it's impossible to live on thin air and it sounds like you were a bit down on your luck when it all happened!

Your personal experience gives you a first hand perspective and understanding of the situation people can sometimes, unfortunately, find themselves in - so you will be better placed to advise than somebody who hasn't been there and doesn't know how if truly feels.

Good luck! ;)
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
Privacy Policy