new qualifications and where i stand??

jenkitractorboy
jenkitractorboy Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
Hi

I enrolled onto AAT (level 3) through the diploma pathway in 2008. I received a whole load of material from one of the training companies as I elected for home study. Full of the new material I sat and passed ECR in Dec 08. I then studied at home periodically but never sat any exams. Then I allowed my membership of AAT to lapse this year.

So where do I stand now? Can I complete the level 3 advanced certificate or did I have to register to do that. Does my unit 6 pass count still for either the level 3 I was studying, or for the new qual if I am not allowed to continue with the course I was doing.

Grateful for any insight. Yes I know i was foolish to not finish this earlier.

Jenkitractorboy

Comments

• mge
    mge Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi jenkitractorboy. I'm not really sure what the answer is, but this may help:

http://www.bpp.com/courses/examination-courses/accounting--finance/aat/old-standards/transition-guide.aspx
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Yes, you can still re register under the old standards and your Unit 6 paper will still be good. You'll have until June next year to complete the level before being transferred to the new standards.
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I'm sure i read another thread, which said that because her AAT membership had lasped, she had to transfer to the new standards.

maybe contact the AAT direct and see what they say.
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    JaffasGirl wrote: »
    I'm sure i read another thread, which said that because her AAT membership had lasped, she had to transfer to the new standards.

maybe contact the AAT direct and see what they say.

Originally I thought that too but I know of a couple of students whose membership had lapsed who have managed to re register on the old standards.
Privacy Policy