Totally fed up studying

Options
jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Is anyone feeling like this? I have only two exams to do before I qualify and to be honest am really struggling now. I feel like I have been studying for ever and my motivation is dwindling fast. Moan moan moan moan moan :sad:

Comments

• AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    +1, only another 13 to go after this one!
  • Princess05
    Princess05 Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Totally fed up of studying

I feel exactly the same about studying...I've had a year off too so that doesn't help matters!!! I'm just trying to imagine the celebrations I will have when I receive my technician certificate once all the hard work pays off =)

Keep at it...
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I have DFS and the project to do (unit 10 pretty much done, just needs some tweaking apparently!!) and yet I'm not studying! I'm finding it really hard to get on and do it.

I know in my head I only have one exam yet but it isn't clicking enough to make me sit and read my book! I'm really tired after work these days which doesn't help.

I actually hadn't entered the exam until this morning. Hoped actually paying for the exam might be a kick up the behind I needed. I'm also out every evening this week after work except for today so might try and get up early and study in the morning. After this week, I'm going into hibernation and not having evenings out after work - need to spend the next few weeks with my head in that book!

Sorry for the essay!
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Aww, sorry to see the motivational issues again. I had it very strong with DFS, when it was just DFS left and the project was on the way somewhere.

Stick to it, the reward is worth it in the end. I know that's easier said then done, but seriously, you all are almost there and giving yourself a weekend off is a good idea, but make sure you go back to being motivated again afterwards!

The last bits are heavy, not because they are more or less complicated, but mostly because you know you almost get your life back!

Stick to it, take some evenings off, but just stick to it, otherwise you got another half a year (or another long time) to go afterwards!
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    AK002 wrote: Β»
    +1, only another 13 to go after this one!

Lordy me I feel loads better now! :lol:
  • meibaker
    meibaker Registered Posts: 481 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    oh my god, that 's exactly what i think! i have so fed up i haven't even look at the books much! just had enough, can't wait for this to be over, and i will never study again!!!!
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    jewels.p wrote: Β»
    Is anyone feeling like this? I have only two exams to do before I qualify and to be honest am really struggling now. I feel like I have been studying for ever and my motivation is dwindling fast. Moan moan moan moan moan :sad:

I know how you feel, then I carried on to ACCA....

You need to make sure you give yourself enough time to do fun none revision stuff, don't let it take over your life.
  • Parmstrong83
    Parmstrong83 Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Stick with it, it will all be worth it in the end.

I hit a wall around about this time last year too, it’s that dwindling period just before Christmas and everyone gets down and fed up. I became MAAT in August and it was very satisfying, I even went to the Awards Ceremony in London on Friday and go given my ceritifcate by the President of AAT. He was really nice and made sure he went around and spoke to everyone there, I really felt that I was part of something bigger and that all my hard work had paid off!

CIMA however is officially giving me a migrane lol!
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    i am thinking about not going at all for the exams...and just leave it for next year....i am not enjoying this at the moment :(
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I could really easily give up at the moment, it is so hard doing two units at once, there's so much to learn for tech! Finding it hard studying after being at work all day, and I only started back at college in September. Back to the statements of cash flow in a minute :( - just having a quick break! Hopefully it'll be worth it in the end.
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Marga,

Enter the exam! There is still time to study and be ready for the exams. I was the same as you and just entered the exam on Monday morning. I'm going to study hard until the exam and do my best on the day which is all you can do.
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Lou1234 wrote: Β»
    Marga,

Enter the exam! There is still time to study and be ready for the exams. I was the same as you and just entered the exam on Monday morning. I'm going to study hard until the exam and do my best on the day which is all you can do.

Hi!

Yeah that is what my husband and some other friends have said

I am entering the exam for december and start studying again....good thing is i still have 7 days of holidays to be taken from work so i can dedicate myself to fully study those days

IF i dont pass then well at least i can say i tried and as well will be good for me to know where i struggle or not

IF i pass woohoo!!!!!!
  • TraineeTaff
    TraineeTaff Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    They beat me to it...

I was going to write a "keep going" message but everyone has beaten me to it!!

1 more exam for me (PCR and struggling with it!) but I've pased all my other exams and there's no way I'm giving up now!!!

Just think...it's dark and cold and wet and everyone's poor coz the bloody Government are "bleeps" but.... it's nearly xmas and then the results are out in February and then when we all pass with flying colours, we'll look back at this conversation and laugh!

Failure is not an option...!!! x
  • mark057
    mark057 Registered Posts: 354 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Motivation can be hard at times, particularly when your working a full-time week.

I passed PEV, DFS, BTC and PCR in the same exam week and worked full-time too.

Just stay focused on what you are trying to achieve and set sensible goals week in and week out, slowly increasing the intensity as you move closer to the exam.

We are all motivated by different reasons. Some of us for money or status or a general sense of achievement at passing a difficult course. My motivation was always to achieve the status of accounting technician.

Don't let a lack of focus compromise your chances of proving your talent and ability to the examiner. I always saw my exams as a chance to show off and demonstrate what I knew. I urge everyone to do the same.

Mark
Privacy Policy