AAT Level 4 or Payroll qualification?

Options
mge
mge Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
I'm finishing off AAT Level 3 at the moment, and am beginning to think about what to do next.

I'm very keen to get a job in accounts, but have seen that quite a few employers are looking for someone who knows about payroll as well.

Would I be best getting, say, a Level 2 payroll qualification before I start on AAT Level 4?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Comments

• beavis182
    beavis182 Registered Posts: 130 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Not sure if its best, but i did Level 2 Payroll after AAT Level 3, its pretty easy and only took a month or so to do. I though the same as quite a few jobs look for an all-rounder who can do payroll as well.
  • mge
    mge Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Thank-you very much for that beavis182. Just wondering which payroll course you studied and which training provider, if any, you used. Also, which payroll books would you recommend?

Your help is very much appreciated.
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    mge wrote: »
    Thank-you very much for that beavis182. Just wondering which payroll course you studied and which training provider, if any, you used. Also, which payroll books would you recommend?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Hi,

I did both at the same time, there's not really too much to Payroll - if you know the basics. If not, just start Payroll first, you can complete within a few months. I studied Payroll with Premier Training and they were awesome. It was £500 including Sage Payroll package, I'm not too sure the cost without. Go on their website for a look www.premiertraining.co.uk

Edit: They provide all material necessary so purchasing books is not an issue
  • anniebabe
    anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi guys - sorry to gatecrash on this conversation - just wanted to ask if everyone thought that Premier Training are ok to deal with? looking to do the Payroll course at home after xmas. Also, I have done health and safety etc.. at Foundation (just finishing off Level 3) do they charge per unit?
  • Rachey
    Options
    anniebabe wrote: »
    Hi guys - sorry to gatecrash on this conversation - just wanted to ask if everyone thought that Premier Training are ok to deal with? looking to do the Payroll course at home after xmas.

Could not recommend them enough, passed first time and had responses immediately by phone and within a couple of hours by email.

Fantastic :)
  • anniebabe
    anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi Rachel

thanks for the reply, sounds good will have to give them a bell when I have passed my ECR exam. do you know if they charge per unit?
  • Rachey
    Options
    anniebabe wrote: »
    Hi Rachel

thanks for the reply, sounds good will have to give them a bell when I have passed my ECR exam. do you know if they charge per unit?

When I took it, it was per level. So you could do the whole thing for one price.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    i wonder if they just do courses for sage payroll alone ? i have 5 years experience already but have never used the sage package
Privacy Policy