Work Experience

Options
katz568
katz568 Registered Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
I went for an interview today at an accountancy practice. I had sent my CV off randomly shortly after the June exams and got an email last month asking if I would be interested in going in for a months work experience while a member of staff is off on maternity leave.
I got a text on Tuesday inviting me in today for an interview and was offered a months work experience unpaid and then one of the following options:
Option 1: we don't get along and I do the work ex and we say goodbye
Option 2: It goes really well and they offer me a temporary contract at the end of the month to cover the rest of the maternity leave.
Option 3: It goes really well and at the end of the month they offer me a full time contract with study package to replace somebody that is leaving shortly.

Obviously I want option 3 but will take any at the moment as it will all look good on my CV.
I'm starting next week and can't wait.
Katrina

Comments

• anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Well done you! What a fantastic opportunity. Grab the bull by the horns and go for it girl!!!!!

It's also great that you've posted here as it will give others inspiration. It's easy to post a moan and so often we forget or are too busy to celebrate a success story!

Keep us posted Katz - and blow their socks off with your skills, ability and personality!

Good luck next week ;)
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Great news indeed! Good luck Katz!
  • katz568
    katz568 Registered Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Thanks both of you. Will certainly keep you all up to date on how it goes and hopefully others will be encouraged to keep going by seeing my post.
    Katrina
Privacy Policy