Kaplan financial statements

Becky V
Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi all i have just started home study with Kaplan and have started with Finanancial statements. Just wondering how everyone does the studying. How many times do you read the chapters and do the activities set? This is all new for me as i went to college to do level 3. Do you do all the activities in the book before starting on past exam papers? Thanks in advance for all advice.

Comments

• Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    hi Becky
    I am doing level4 on my own too using kaplan books

i read each chapter throughout , take notes on my book and do the examples too. for the activities i try them first and if i get stuck i look into the answer to check where i am going wrong or what is stopping me and then revise that part until i understand it.

I like the kaplan books they are structured in my opinion and explain things very well

good luck let me know how it goes
  • Becky V
    Hi thank you for the reply. How far are you in the book? Im on chapter 4. So far it is ok and a lot of this i do at work which really helps.
  • Marga
    hey Becky i just started chapter 4 also and up to now i find it ok :) i love this side of accounting (more than the management side of it)

i have been studying this morning solid for 4 hours then took a break for food...

i am going back to studying for another hour or two before dinner time ...then i will be baking cakes to bring to work tomorrow

i will be probably doing some questions from the end of the book after i finish chapter 4 and then will try some questions from past papers
  • Becky V
    Marga wrote: »
    hey Becky i just started chapter 4 also and up to now i find it ok :) i love this side of accounting (more than the management side of it)

i have been studying this morning solid for 4 hours then took a break for food...

i am going back to studying for another hour or two before dinner time ...then i will be baking cakes to bring to work tomorrow

i will be probably doing some questions from the end of the book after i finish chapter 4 and then will try some questions from past papers

Hi Marga, thats great we are on the same chapter. I have answered some of the questions from the back of the book and havent done too badly. there was a couple questions that i couldnt figure out where they got the answer from. when you start them let me know and i can see where i went wrong. When is your exam? I cant do mine till after xmas as the Kaplan centre i am near to isnt doing it till then! Are you studying just this unit at the moment?
  • Marga
    Becky V wrote: »
    Hi Marga, thats great we are on the same chapter. I have answered some of the questions from the back of the book and havent done too badly. there was a couple questions that i couldnt figure out where they got the answer from. when you start them let me know and i can see where i went wrong. When is your exam? I cant do mine till after xmas as the Kaplan centre i am near to isnt doing it till then! Are you studying just this unit at the moment?

hi Becky

i am studying MAC as well, my exams are on 29th nov and 1st Dec

if i can be of any help let me know
  • Becky V
    Thanks it would be great to have someone to chat to as i havent done home study before so will be good for any tips or to help me understand things!
Privacy Policy