Roadwork Hell

Options
CJC
CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Now, Newquay is not a large place yet somehow the Council managed to put a road closure and three sets of roadworks with traffic lights in my way getting out of town this morning and a further two sets when taking a different route back to avoid the first lot of roadworks

And there were roadworks on the way to the paper shop earlier in the morning too!

Comments

• anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I noticed when we lived in Launceston that they try and do all the roadworks out of tourist season - so I expect you'll be following diversions until next March :lol:

Mind you the holiday-makers still seem to think that they do all the work in the summer, just to get in their way!!!!!

No win situation!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    And there'll be another lot in March to ensure they've spent up to their budget!

It does seem strange to have so many going on at one time though and it's even more annoying that several are to put in even more sodding speed bumps (it's enough to make a chap come over all Jeremy Clarkson...oooerrr).
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    CJC wrote: »
    And there'll be another lot in March to ensure they've spent up to their budget!

Was thinking about this again this morning, standing on the train platform and watching the railings being painted while waiting for yet another late train. The railings haven't been painted for donkeys years but as anyone who catches trains will know, last year the rail operators were forced to reduce their prices due to it somehow being "over-linked" to inflation. Hove station has also been completely re-roofed, I'd imagine at a cost in the hundreds of thousands.

So doubtless the robbing ba5tards are using up their budgets before the end of this year so they can plead poverty and be allowed to put their prices up again.
  • Paul C
    Paul C Registered Posts: 193 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Plymouth has been hell for months as well, major road works/changes going on my side of town. It’s been a very frustrating 4 or 5 months and its now a month past its original finishing date......

CJC - have you been going to the new Cornall branch CPD sessions? They have been very good. Not far from Newquay - Kingsley village.
Privacy Policy