Carnbane

jow774
jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Does anyone know the lead time for carnbane replying to cis queries?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    What is it?

If you are requesting copies of CIS deducted for clients because they don't have their own records, then they do not treat this as priority work (as it's the client's reponsibility to keep records). I have been waiting 3 months and counting :(
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Oh! Thats not good, the client insists they havent received the certs and the contractors wont supply copies to him or me! Ive sent the IR the names and company reg of the contractors so Im hoping they will get on to them.

But it looks like client wont be getting any tax back for xmas then!
  • Monsoon
    jow774 wrote: ยป
    Oh! Thats not good, the client insists they havent received the certs and the contractors wont supply copies to him or me! Ive sent the IR the names and company reg of the contractors so Im hoping they will get on to them.

But it looks like client wont be getting any tax back for xmas then!

Yep. You've done all you can - depending on the terms of your engagement and how the client feels, you could write a strongly worded letter to the contractor - I've done that before and it's worked.
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Yes, write to the contractor and remind them of the penalties for not supplying payment statements - these are listed on the HMRC website.
  • Monsoon
    T.C. wrote: ยป
    Yes, write to the contractor and remind them of the penalties for not supplying payment statements - these are listed on the HMRC website.

Good idea.
    Problem with it is, the contractor could always say "I did supply" and then it's a he said she said....

Worth a try though, but do ok it with the client before you get in touch.
Privacy Policy