Unit 10 - new standards

GreenMousey
GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
I'm trying to get clarification on this but my training provider has told me that, under the new standards, the project must be done on their simulation and not in your own work place. Does anyone else know about this?

I've emailed them back to double check and will ring AAT if they still say I must do it on their simulation as I already had ideas for my own work place.

Thanks

~Mouse

Comments

  • GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Ah, rang the AAT and they confirmed I can do a work based project...my training provider, however, isn't happy about it and is saying I'm the only one ever to request a work based project...

    My head is hurting and I've not even started yet!
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Don't worry Mousey, I was dreading doing mine but its not that bad once you get your head around it. Out of interest who is your training provider?
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Stop telling lies Jill! :lol:
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    jewels.p wrote: Β»
    Stop telling lies Jill! :lol:

    Would I?!!! I'll have you know I've been on to Premier Training this morning to clarify a couple of things and will be emailing my project to them by the end of this week.

    When Kay's finished laughing she'll email me with any changes etc she thinks I should make, likely to be 'think you'd better rewrite the whole thing!' lol Then at last I can finish writing, number my paragraphs, map it and send it back.

    Would be soooooooo nice to have it signed off by the end of this year and have finally finished AAT, especially seeing as I've already started ATT!
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I sent my second draft off ages ago to Premier and have heard nothing back.............can't figure out if that's a good thing or a bad thing! :laugh:
  • GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    jilt wrote: Β»
    Don't worry Mousey, I was dreading doing mine but its not that bad once you get your head around it. Out of interest who is your training provider?

    I just want to get it done, I'm with Kaplan, for my sins, nothing is ever easy with them :(

    ~Mouse
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Ah, rang the AAT and they confirmed I can do a work based project...my training provider, however, isn't happy about it and is saying I'm the only one ever to request a work based project...

    My head is hurting and I've not even started yet!

    If your training provider had been at the ICAS meeting last month they'd have known that the AAT would prefer you to base it on your work place. They always have done and they still do now. Your provider doesn't want you to do that because it makes it more difficult for them.
  • GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    coojee wrote: Β»
    If your training provider had been at the ICAS meeting last month they'd have known that the AAT would prefer you to base it on your work place. They always have done and they still do now. Your provider doesn't want you to do that because it makes it more difficult for them.

    To be honest I don't think they've been to any meeting...ever. They can't even tell me how the Credit Management e-project is done nor where I could do it. I'm beyond fed up with them. They've still not sent me the paperwork to complete my portfolio and I completed that a fair few months ago. As the exams aren't available yet plus the fact that they have no idea when they will be or how they will be presented I thought it best to do the project, only they've made that a nightmare...before I've even started!
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    To be honest I don't think they've been to any meeting...ever. They can't even tell me how the Credit Management e-project is done nor where I could do it. I'm beyond fed up with them. They've still not sent me the paperwork to complete my portfolio and I completed that a fair few months ago. As the exams aren't available yet plus the fact that they have no idea when they will be or how they will be presented I thought it best to do the project, only they've made that a nightmare...before I've even started!

    Again, if they'd been to the seminars they'd know all about e portfolios. On the new standards you don't need a paper portfolio so you can stop worrying about that. The AAT said they were going to call the e portfolios something like Learnplus to avoid the confusion over the word portfolio but it seems like they've gone back on that.

    It never ceases to amaze me that these big name providers can be so rubbish and not make any attempt to keep up to date with changes.
  • GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    coojee wrote: Β»
    Again, if they'd been to the seminars they'd know all about e portfolios. On the new standards you don't need a paper portfolio so you can stop worrying about that. The AAT said they were going to call the e portfolios something like Learnplus to avoid the confusion over the word portfolio but it seems like they've gone back on that.

    It never ceases to amaze me that these big name providers can be so rubbish and not make any attempt to keep up to date with changes.

    I still need the documentation for my paper portfolio to complete it for intermediate I did by NVQ.
    They make my life so difficult, I've had to chase up every assignment I've ever sent to them. It almost made me laugh, when, everytime I've asked about the ICAS project they've told me I have 4 months to get my first draft in by, I held my tongue as I wondered how long they gave themselves to mark it!

    The form I have to fill in doesn't even have a "work-based" option, had to ring them again and I've been told I need to just write on the form that's what I need to do. It really shouldn't be this difficult every single time.

    ...rant over :)
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    It almost made me laugh, when, everytime I've asked about the ICAS project they've told me I have 4 months to get my first draft in by, I held my tongue as I wondered how long they gave themselves to mark it!

    The form I have to fill in doesn't even have a "work-based" option, had to ring them again and I've been told I need to just write on the form that's what I need to do. It really shouldn't be this difficult every single time.

    ...rant over :)

    Ummmm, 4 months is when you have to have finished it by, not just done the first draft. If you haven't finished it by then the AAT will close down the portfolio (effectively meaning you've failed the unit) so you'd need to start again with a new report.
  • GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    coojee wrote: Β»
    Ummmm, 4 months is when you have to have finished it by, not just done the first draft. If you haven't finished it by then the AAT will close down the portfolio (effectively meaning you've failed the unit) so you'd need to start again with a new report.

    ...I got, finally, the plan form rom Kaplan and in there it says I have to have my first draft in within 4 months...nothing about it being completed. I emailed some simple questions about the planning form as it's just not explained properly...still awaiting it.
    I'm really starting to lose motivation for the whole thing because it's like this with every unit. :(
  • LucyN
    LucyN Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    Im studying with Kaplan, at their training centre, it sounds like you are a distance learner?

    Ive been told that they prefer me to do a study on my own workplace rather than the AAT one.

    Also, the first draft has to be in within 4 months and the final in within 12 months, if it is not in by the 12 month cut off date then that is when you will have to start all over again, but using their AAT simulation (you lose the ability to do it based on your workplace).

    Obviously the sooner you get it in, the sooner it gets signed off for your statement of achievement.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    One of our bookkeepers is doing AAT technician this year (at college), she has been told she has to get the whole project done within 4 months or she has to start again. She is a little concerned about this because of the time between drafts while the college mark/ comment on it!

    < old lady voice> In my day we didn't have any of this e-nonsense, you just did your project, it got marked eventually and then it was done. </ old lady voice>
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    LucyN wrote: Β»
    Im studying with Kaplan, at their training centre, it sounds like you are a distance learner?

    Ive been told that they prefer me to do a study on my own workplace rather than the AAT one.

    Also, the first draft has to be in within 4 months and the final in within 12 months, if it is not in by the 12 month cut off date then that is when you will have to start all over again, but using their AAT simulation (you lose the ability to do it based on your workplace).

    Obviously the sooner you get it in, the sooner it gets signed off for your statement of achievement.

    It's definately 4 months for the whole thing. I was at the meeting with the AAT so I should know. Kaplan weren't there. If you leave it for 12 months you'll fail. You have been warned!!!!!
  • LucyN
    LucyN Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    coojee wrote: Β»
    It's definately 4 months for the whole thing. I was at the meeting with the AAT so I should know. Kaplan weren't there. If you leave it for 12 months you'll fail. You have been warned!!!!!

    Thanks, I have to have mine in by Dec anyway as I want it signed off earlier.

    Our course notes that were handed out definatley state that its only the 1st draft that has to be in within the 4 months and reported to the AAT or we have to start again, not the final draft, thats 12 months. I cant see them making that much of mistake, but maybe they have, be interesting to see what they say about it.
  • GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I want to get it done asap, I've completed the plan ready for posting today, I'm just hoping that the centre marks it in a fairly quick turn around time, I've read some nightmares on here and I've had issues with all my other units with them.

    I've done my date plan, each draft a month in between, I'll, hopefully, get it back within a decent amount of time but have started writing the generic parts of the report already i.e. what does your company do etc...

    I don't mind report writing, but my worry is with the training provider as to when they'll get back to me and also whether I get the guidence I require on each draft...

    Here is hoping!

    ~Mouse
Privacy Policy