Renting an Office

shadeofblue
shadeofblue Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor ⭐
Evening all,

I'm an MIP & currently work from home...
Thinking in the near future to rent an office space or desk while business is still growing before taking on the costs of renting a business premises.

Does anyone have any experiences renting an office space/desk ? and how did you find the office space ?Estate agents ?

Thanks
Rachel

Comments

• Paul C
    Paul C Registered Posts: 193 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I am no expert on this but working in Local Government I know that some local authorities have large buildings (e.g. renovated empty factories) broken down into many small units for business to rent, including offices. We have 2 in Plymouth, each unit is separate but not cut off from all the others. One reception, cafe area etc.

The beauty is that you could end surrounded by other businesses and potential customers....
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Whereabouts are you based?

There are a multitude of virtual offices, hot-desking, shared offices, business hubs etc. near me but being in London we're spoilt for facilities.

In the end we found our office through a local commerical letting agent.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I asked local estate agents. You won't find a small office on their books (most likely) but they will have an ear to the ground.

6 months later, I got an email out of the blue. Was I interested in subletting a small room in a suite of offices, £1000 per annum all inclusive except telephone? You're darn right I was!

Put feelers out and see what comes back. As Dean says in cities there should be no shortage. I'm in a large village and I found something so in theory you should be able to find something anywhere! Good luck
  • wildgoose1uk
    wildgoose1uk Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Blimey..... think I would be too at that price!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    :D
    It was a tiny room and we've grown out of it but it was a good springboard and perfect for a small sole practitioner
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    anyone knows a good one in London? I've looked up in Google and there are so many....wondering which one is good and reliable!
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Londina wrote: »
    anyone knows a good one in London?

Whereabouts in London are you?

For offices I used..

Cattaneo Commercial
    Wallakers
    Bonsor Penningtons
    Bridger Bell
    Martin Campbell

For hot desking..

The Hub, Kings Cross
    The Hub, Angel
    Hubworking.net
    IOD
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    thanks but I forgot to specify...virtual offices...
  • shadeofblue
    shadeofblue Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor ⭐
    thanks for all your reponses and advice i'll check it out or phone local business with offices when the time comes . I live in the West Midlands
    Thanks
    Rachel
Privacy Policy