Can I do my brother's books without becoming a MIP?

EAP Registered Posts: 63 ? ? ?
HI all
Hope you can help - I posted a while ago about my hippy brother and his small charcoal burning business. I want to help out (unpaid) and do his books for him plus P and L and Balance Sheet each year. Can I do this and put my name to it? I'm a MAAT but not a MIP and don't have any intention of taking on any paid clients at the moment so don't want to set up in practice. I'm a bit confused about what I can and can't do.
Thanks for listening!


  • Monsoon
    Monsoon FMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 4,071 ? ? ?
    I remember that post :D

    How's he doing? The hippy inside me wants him to be doing really really well!!

    I don't see why not. I'd ring the MiP team (or email them) to double check but I don't think it's a problem. I think the only sticking point might be putting your name and letters to it, not sure.
  • EAP
    EAP Registered Posts: 63 ? ? ?
    Thanks for the reply!
    He's doing really well, just has to go through Planning Applications etc. now so keep your fingers crossed for him.
    thanks for the advice, I'll give the MIP team a ring and see what they say.
Privacy Policy