Solar accounts and new customers

Options
Paul C
Paul C Registered Posts: 193 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi all,

Can I please ask a couple quick questions?

I attended a Business Link course last week and have another one this week. The guy running it seems obsessed with Pegasus. I have Solar myself and I am trying to network at these courses to get some customers.

It’s a bit difficult when he is plugging Pegasus so strongly. Saying that bookkeepers should have Pegasus because most accountants use it..........

Do “most accountants” still use Pegasus?

Is using Solar going to hinder me, & my clients, when presenting books done in Solar to accountants preparing final accounts in other packages?

Is there a good way to sell book keeping in Solar versus Pegasus (which I want to avoid due the cost)?

Thoughts much appreciated.

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    What on earth is Pegasus? I've heard of it but never, ever, ever come across it in all my years in practice (which is only 6 but still....) I think it's as mythical as its namesake! :p

We love Solar. Bottom line is it chucks out a TB and a nominal ledger. What more (really) do you need to do final accounts?

And have you googled Solar 20% discount if you've not paid for it already? We do one.
  • Rachel
    Rachel Registered Posts: 348 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I have only come across it once and that was for a large financial services company. However, hardly used it as they changed to Great Plains.

I don't think you will hinder yourself as there are alot of systems out there and a lot of Accountants. If one was perferred then there wounldn't be all these debates and software.

Good luck
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    If anything in my type of clients Sage is the preferred software, I hadn't used Pegasus or come across it either.

I suspect that it's someone trying to resell a bit hard!
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I think my mum and dad used Pegasus about 15 years ago (large organisation). Like Monsoon said you just need to be able to produce a nominal ledger. I've never used solar personally but have heard good reviews.

The larger practices I know use Sage, CCH, Iris and Credence, but not Pegasus!
  • wildgoose1uk
    wildgoose1uk Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Likewise I have heard of Pegasus but not for many years.
  • Paul C
    Paul C Registered Posts: 193 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Thanks all for the replies - very helpful.

Next time someone does the same thing I will just say that there are a range of packages out there & that Solar gets great feedback. And also helps me keep my costs down for clients.

Monsoon - i am pleased to say that i took advantage of the 20% discount in the summer and it worked very well. :-)
Privacy Policy