Any Sage experts out there?

Options
Jan
Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
I work for a Land Agent, doing the bookkeeping for the Esates we manage. One of them has decided to employ their own bookkeeper and I'm going through next week to transfer our records from our Sage onto theirs. For reasons I won't go into I am unable to just back up Sage for it to be restored, so have saved various reports as .csv files which I have successfully managed to copy onto the practice company on our version. (Just to make sure it worked!) The intention being next week to import them onto the new setup.

To get to the point - does anybody know how I can transfer the customer transactions?

Comments

• jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I don't I'm afraid but have you tried the Sage forum?
  • Jan
    Options
    Thanks Jill, I'll give a try.
  • Sue
    Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    If you use the File>Office Intergration option when you are viewing the financials then transfer the contents to excel, you should then be able to select File>import to import the transactions back into the new copy of Sage.

It depends on which version of excel the new bookkeeper is using as to exactly how it should be done, so I have not gone into detail. Do you know which version the new bookkeeper is using?

You can also transfer Customer and Supplier details in this way.
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Office integration only works on newer versions of Sage. I had a situation with one of our clients where we needed to duplicate the sales ledger and I generated a csv report through Customers - Reports - Customer Details report - Customer records csv. I then saved this as a csv file and imported it onto our client's Sage. This transferred all the customer details, I assume it would also work in a similar way for suppliers.

Edit - If you do use this method, you might like to check whether it includes the customer transactions as well as details - when I used it, it was only the details that needed transferring. I think there may be a separate report for Customer transactions.
  • Jan
    Options
    Thanks Sue - every thing is being set up from scratch, so I would have thought a recent version.
    I've just found out she's never used Sage, but is happy to be dropped in at the deep end! Won't be my problem really, but I like to hand things over as easiest as possible.
  • Jan
    Options
    Thanks Rosie - I got side tracked by work, whilst the middle of my last post. I've already transferred customer details, it didn't transfer transactions, but I have had a re-think on that anyway. again for reasons I'l not bore you with, I don't need to transfer the transactions - might as well do a full backup if I did.

Thanks all.
  • Sue
    Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hi Jan

I mis read your original post and thought you were unable to restore the backup. You say you don't need to transfer the transactions.

You could always restore a full back up then select 'rebuild' in the file options and chose what you want to keep - e.g. Customer Records, Supplier Records and Nominal Accounts.

Sue
  • Jan
    Options
    I'll try that Sue - I now remember having that thought when I got home last night. Amazing what pops into your head when you're doing something completely different.

Thanks again. I was hoping she'd be a whiz at Sage and would say oh you just have to do this etc!
Privacy Policy