UNIT 18 Relieving Trading Losses and Corporation tax losses

Options
charliemansfield
charliemansfield Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
UNIT 18 Relieving Trading Losses and Corporation tax losses

I have been using the BPP text book for unit 18, and within the five past exam papers the above topics are not examined in any of these papers...

Also in the exam in June 2010, the above topic's were not examined,

I was just wondering would it be worth doing any work on the above chapters or just do what i have been doing and concentrate on whats been examined in the past.

I would be grateful for any feedback.

Many Thanks Charlie

Comments

• reddwarf
    reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I've just checked back to 2003 on all the papers and only one queston (form of a memo needing a written explanation) came up!! But there are often losses incorporated in the other questions. i.e. loss on capital disposals, or trading losses brought forward etc.

I think it is a dangerous strategy to miss these chapters! Sorry that's not what you wanted to hear!
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    My advice is dont miss them out as if it is in the book it could be assessed!
  • charliemansfield
    charliemansfield Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Ill do a bit of work on them, thanks for the advice guys

Charlie
  • Lilyflower
    Lilyflower Registered Posts: 54 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Usually the longer somethings been missed off a paper the chances are they'll test it
  • reddwarf
    Options
    It was in December 2009 - considering the papers are written some time in advane (18months?), it's pretty tricky to try to guess! I am sure losses will come up in one form or another.

Incidentaly when carrying back trading losses (corp and sole trader) is it latest year/s first?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I dont think the papers are written that far in front more so with btc with the changes in legislation
  • reddwarf
    Options
    Only quoting a very experience aat tutor whose name begins with S!
Privacy Policy