Shares for Business Tax

Options
jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Shares bought in the nine days before disposal of shares are matched with those disposed of and the rest goes into the pool.

Does this mean that the ones that have been matched dont have any chargeable gain?

Comments

• reddwarf
    reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Yep spot on!
  • jewels.p
    Options
    Thanks reddwarf I know you are just being nice cause you want me to be your friend.............:lol:
  • reddwarf
    Options
    Opps didn't see your second comment! No there is a gain/or loss from the 9 day matching. First bit is spot on!

You work out the proceeds for the number of shares that you can match using your 9 day rule.

You should already have the cost of the ones you are matching (ie. 5000 cost ยฃ35000) to your disposal e.g.

disposal 10000 for ยฃ80,000

Say I am matching to the 5000 which cost me ยฃ35,000.

Therefore ยฃ80000/10000x5000 = Proceeds of ยฃ40,000
    Cost ยฃ35,000
    Gain ยฃ 5,000

There is no indexation as there has been no lapse of time for indexation to happen in the nine days

Obviously you've only got 5000 left to dispose from your pool, used to calculate the cost of this 5000. Your proceeds when your work our the gain is the other ยฃ40000.

I always forget to add the first gain to the one you calculate from your pool later, so I write some sort of note to remind me...

I hope this helps?
  • reddwarf
    Options
    Oh gawd, so my second post means you will hate me!!!
  • jewels.p
    Options
    So is this the same for shares disposed of in the same day? You then add whatever gain there is to the gain (with indexation) from the pool!

P.S The only reason I got the first bit right is cause I copied it from my book! :lol:
  • reddwarf
    Options
    Before I answer I am reading your whole post, including the bit about Scotland and sheep!

It's all spot on! I'm half scottish (not half sheep though - at least only sometimes!).

Are you using the Osborne book?
  • jewels.p
    Options
    I am.................aye using the Osbourne Book not half sheep! I am now away to start the Bank Statement at work but will be back tomorrow to nip yir heed wi questions! TTFN
  • reddwarf
    Options
    Och I'm awaa to do some messages the noooo! So dunny fash yoursel hen!
  • jewels.p
    Options
    It's quinie no hen! :lol:
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    We use hen here in Glasgow :)

Are you from Aberdeen Jewels?
  • jewels.p
    Options
    AK002 wrote: ยป
    We use hen here in Glasgow

Are you from Aberdeen Jewels?

Not that far North. I am between Aberdeen and Edinburgh. I thought it was the Fifers that say hen? My Sister lives in Dunfermline and she has picked up some of the Fifers twang and I hate it!

My parents are both from up Aberdeen way so I am used to all the quine and loon talk more than the hens!

I dont have a twang myself one speaks proper where I live! :lol:
  • reddwarf
    Options
    I'm in Hertfordshire and we say hen! Not really! My Mum is from Edinburgh and they say hen!
  • hotannie
    hotannie Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    hi. Am wondering if someone can give me some advice. I am looking to sell some shares and I'm wondering if there is a super duper way in which I can save on some of the tax I will have to pay. All help appreciated.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    No super duper ways, just the normal legal ones I think!

Make sure the gain is correctly calculated, don't forget the annual exemption etc etc
Privacy Policy