self employment

ChristineL Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
I'm full time employed at the moment but would like to do some "extra" on weekends or evenings. I understand from HMRC that I need to register for self employment and that there is an exemption for NI contribution if the expected income will be below 1000 GBP (which will be in my case).
Does anyone have experience with full and self employment?


  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    yes you will need to register as self employed and can claim class ii NI exemption if your profits will be below the threshold (which is £5,075).

    If this is going to be accountancy related then you will need to register as an member in practice with the AAT need agent codes with HMRC, professional indemnity insurance, MLR supervision by AAT or HMRC.

Privacy Policy