DFS Exam

sasperella
sasperella Registered Posts: 54 Regular contributor โญ
Yikes!! Still forgetting some formulas and a little extra on the cash flow and ops to net cash (any handy hints would be great). Hows everyone else finding it?

Comments

• Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Spend tomorrow practising past papers on DFS - the key to passing this paper is to practise, practise and more practise and pay particular attention to your weaker areas to get these 'fine tuned' for Wednesday!

Good luck.

Regards
    steve
  • sasperella
    Thanks steve :) Just finished dec 2009 paper, stuck on same bits, so they will be my main aim tomorrow
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    hi I have a MODEL example of how to do the Financial statements ...i went through it understanding each bit of it and writing notes next to each bit to highlight what could have or not happened

I will be doing past papers tomorrow too ...

I find it very helpful to divide into small steps the whole thing they are asking for and then do each little bit and put it together to get the whole answer

good luck!
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    How on earth do you memorise all the different ratios and all the different accountancy laws? I'm finding it so much harder now there is less figure work :-(
  • pirate
    pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    If you have time there is a good e learning on the ratios: if you understand what they are for its sort of easy to remember the formulaes. It helped me anyway.
    As for the different laws I havent found a way yet just write a list of all the numbers and write next to each one what you think it does without looking that might help.
    Good luck for tomorrow I am sure we will all be fine
    K
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Thank you. I have a little longer as my exam is on the 16th. 9 days before Christmas, like I haven't got enough to do!!
  • sasperella
    For the laws part, im sure accountants qualified or not still have to pick up the law book! Does anyone know how big a mark the written reports are? I hate writeing these long reports, i find it hard explaining my answer....thats why I play with numbers :D
  • lewpylew
    lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    OMG this is soooooo hard : ( Think tomorrow is going to bring fail number 2 for me. I can do everything else but struggled with FRA and now DFS. Will I ever pass?! I am going to keep going regardless of if it takes me 2 or 22 goes x
  • sasperella
    OMG this is soooooo hard : ( Think tomorrow is going to bring fail number 2 for me. I can do everything else but struggled with FRA and now DFS. Will I ever pass?! I am going to keep going regardless of if it takes me 2 or 22 goes x

Whats the main thing u struggle with?? I also failed this in June and yesterday and today have been relatively good revision wise, just hit and miss with the written questions and formulas!
  • lewpylew
    lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    See I am normally ok with the ratios, but in June I left after only doing part 1.1 and part 1.2 - a mixture of not being ready and just struggling with BTC at the same time. Luckily I passed BTC so now only have DFS. Only downside is due to personal circumstances, a change at work and being poorly on/off the last few weeks I have just run out of time.

I am just going to go along and have a go - I am struggling with questions 1.5 and 1.6 so will attempt them but not too hopeful.

My time will come, I just need to soldier on and will pass this be it takes me 2 or 20 attempts! x
  • Woooof
    Woooof Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    See I am normally ok with the ratios, but in June I left after only doing part 1.1 and part 1.2 - a mixture of not being ready and just struggling with BTC at the same time. Luckily I passed BTC so now only have DFS. Only downside is due to personal circumstances, a change at work and being poorly on/off the last few weeks I have just run out of time.

I am just going to go along and have a go - I am struggling with questions 1.5 and 1.6 so will attempt them but not too hopeful.

My time will come, I just need to soldier on and will pass this be it takes me 2 or 20 attempts! x

Which exam paper are you struggling with on 1.5 & 1.6?
  • Anit Shah
    Anit Shah Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Marga wrote: ยป
    hi I have a MODEL example of how to do the Financial statements ...i went through it understanding each bit of it and writing notes next to each bit to highlight what could have or not happened

I will be doing past papers tomorrow too ...

I find it very helpful to divide into small steps the whole thing they are asking for and then do each little bit and put it together to get the whole answer

good luck!
    Hi Marga,

Do you have any book for sale for Level 4 - Technician (QCF) ?

I would like to buy it.

Thanks,
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi Marga,

Do you have any book for sale for Level 4 - Technician (QCF) ?

I would like to buy it.

Thanks,

hi Anit, i PM'd you
Privacy Policy