College closed

Options
sasperella
sasperella Registered Posts: 54 Regular contributor โญ
Omg, im in an area affected by the snow and found out this morning that my collee is closed to students but staff can go if they can make it safely!! Anyone else affected?? Does that mean we would HAVE to wait till June to re sit??

Comments

• Woooof
    Woooof Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Omg, im in an area affected by the snow and found out this morning that my collee is closed to students but staff can go if they can make it safely!! Anyone else affected?? Does that mean we would HAVE to wait till June to re sit??

I'd ring your college and make sure that the exam is definitely not being taken.
  • sasperella
    Options
    Oh nooo!! the exams been cancelled :(
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Where were you due to sit it?

I didnt get to sit any of mine this week as the College has been closed all week. There has been another several inches during the night and it is snowing heavy now.

I dont know when I will get home! :sad:
  • sasperella
    Options
    Middlesbrough! I sat one on Monday luckily, however they decided to close the college AFTER exams on Monday, yesetrday they cancelled just the evening classes and today the college is shut completely, and they cant tell me until friday whether or not ill be able to sit my exam for PTC which is Friday morning, Im assuming we would have to wait until a whle new assesment is done? Just wnat it over and done with now!
  • jewels.p
    Options
    Thats exactly how I felt about MAC and BTC I am just hoping they dont offer it as a CBA I wanted to finish my qualification by paper.
  • pirate
    pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    yes I know what you mean,
    how dreadful would have been gutten
    It took me an extra 1 hour to get to my college this morning but it was ok
    Its awful
  • sasperella
    Options
    My employer has been kind enough to give me this week off for study, and I dont evem know if Friday's exam will be on, our college is running it as a day to day think, so wont know till the morning of the exam! :-/

Gutted, was well prepared too!
  • pirate
    pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    have you guys seen this on the AAT web site

The heavy snow may affect AAT exams taking place this week in some areas of the UK. We are working with AAT training providers to find out which areas are affected, and to help make alternative assessments arrangements.

Training providers
    If your centre and students have been affected by the heavy snow, please respond to our email requesting information by midday on Friday 3 December, so we can update our training provider details early in the week.

AAT student members
    If you live in an area affected by the weather conditions, please contact your training provider or check their website for updates and closure messages.
    - Message dated 1 December 2010.
  • sasperella
    Options
    yeh, also when i spoke to the college they said they had an email from the aat with the same context, thank you tho :)
  • fairycake
    fairycake Registered Posts: 14 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    I called my college and was advised not to go in for the PCR exam this morning - they don't even know if it's still running as they don't have enough staff in yet.

I'm absolutely gutted!

I have PTC tomorrow morning - it's not looking good for that either.
  • jewels.p
    Options
    Thats how I felt Monday and Tuesday cause I never got to sit any of mine. At least now you know something is going to be done about it. On Monday there was no information available at all. I spent hours trying to get hold of the venue where it was to be held and was panicking big time as I thought I would have to wait till June. I completely understand how you are feeling today.
  • MrUniverse
    MrUniverse Registered Posts: 10 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    AAT is very strict with exams and in most cases they should be running. (as i found out yesterday)

However, I spoke to an AAT supervisor and she mentioned that there may be an oppurtunity to take the exam online?!?!?!?!
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    don't panic if your college is closed:
    see
    http://forums.aat.org.uk/showpost.php?p=214895&postcount=30
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
Privacy Policy