Reading Time in Exam

Options
Lou1234
Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
I just wanted to ask if anyone can confirm something about the reading time allowed in the exam.

Are you allowed to start the exam, writing in your answer book if you want to in the 15 mins reading time?

Comments

• noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Yes you can, it is up to you whether you read for 15 mins or start writing
  • Lou1234
    Options
    And you can write in the answer book rather then just notes in the question booklet can't you?

I will explain in a moment why I am asking!
  • Woooof
    Woooof Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    And you can write in the answer book rather then just notes in the question booklet can't you?

I will explain in a moment why I am asking!
    Yes, you can do anything you want within the "reading time".
  • noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    yes, we were told it is up to us and we can do either. apparanty AAT did not used to allow it but now they do, why?...
  • tomburns1987
    tomburns1987 Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Yes! Ive never been told to wait 15 mins to start writing...once they say start you can start.
  • Lou1234
    Options
    At the college today the invigilator told us we could only write notes and answers on the question booklet within our reading time and couldn't write on our answer paper until 9.45.

A lot of us couldn't believe it. One guy pointed out that the front of the exam said you could start writing in the 15 minutes but the invigilator said that meant you could write in the question booklet but not the answer booklet!!

Was extremely annoying to read through the paper and make notes then just sit and wait until 9.45. I didn't see the point in writing workings or answers in the question booklet to then write them again after 9.45!!
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    that sounds like someone who was pointed out they were wrong but didnt want to admit it.....
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I've never heard of that before
  • reddwarf
    reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Your invigilator has let his power go to his head!! He is talking rubbish! Reading time is only advice... I hope you weren't short of time? If so you have a case but how the hell you'd handle that one I don't know ?-:
  • Lou1234
    Options
    Are the invigilators from the college or from the AAT?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Thats rubbish sorry we had a very picky exam invidulator monday she made us sit and lisen to the rules and regs before we started but did stait we could start even in the 15 mins reading time
  • IMR
    IMR Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    usful
Privacy Policy