Has anyone managed to sit PCR today?

Options
angie1
angie1 Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor ⭐
Has anyone managed to sit the exam today? I'm in Essex and we have prob had the least amount of snow in the country, I managed to strugle to the college just to find out it was closed, so angry had revised like mad, realy dont think it was bad enough for it to shut!

Comments

• sma22
    sma22 Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I drove up from Bournemouth yesterday where roads were all clear only to get to Chesterfield where i have been studying for last 3 years, to see everyone snowed in, and streets desterted. No I haven't managed to sit PCR today and although hated the June exam i was soooo looking forward to getting it over & done with- its my last exam before applying for MAAT!
  • angie1
    Options
    Yea me too, this is my last 1, also failed June PCR was hopeing this 1 wasnt going to be so awful, hope we dont have 2 wait till June to do it!
  • Chalky
    Chalky Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Pcr - dec 10

I have just sat the exam and OMG I thought June was awful, this one topped it!!! Section 2 even confused me this time !!!!
  • angie1
    Options
    Oh no realy? maybe I should be glad i couldnt take it then, I passed section 2 last time, couldnt even finish section 1, did you manage to get some kind of answers down to all the questions? if you did youve got a fighting chance.!.
  • Chalky
    Chalky Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Pcr - dec 10

Well I did which is more than I did in June - walked out of that one !! Others may have liked it, but I thought it was worse - the examiner I think just makes things really complicated. Tast 1.1 should only take 20 mins, but I was stumped on that one, so there wasn't much hope after that. Section 2, is normally easy for me, but he put a twist on it, and I started to get confused. Really wished I'd stayed at home. One more time left to resit
  • Nikkih
    Nikkih Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I sat this exam today aswell, i found it easier than the June one and answered everything whereas like chalky, i really struggled in June and didnt answer alot of the sections
  • Lispre
    Lispre Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Pcr dec 10

I've just sat the exam and I have to agree with Chalky it was really confusing. I ran out of time in the June exam as I spent too much time deliberating over section 1. Ended up passing section 1 and failing section 2! I didn't like it this time either, only just managed to finish the paper but not feeling to confident about my answers and my explanations were short and rushed. AAT are really raising the bar on these exams me thinks!!!
  • angie1
    Options
    Yea I find the Section 2's of PCR much easya than Section 1's, was completly thown by 1.1 on the last paper, so did Section 2 then ran out of time, didnt even get past 1.2! you may get a nice suprise and find out youve passed, I know people who sat Junes PCR thought they had messed it all up, were sure they had failed, but they had passed, as I said if you got answers down for all the questions your in for a good chance.
  • Nikkih
    Options
    Yeah i just felt better that i managed to answer everything, but it was confusing but like angie said you may be surprised
  • noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    just got back after sitting pcr and found it awful, feel so depressed now, can we discuss it now its 3
  • noodles
    Options
    wasnt it confusing saying no stock of salt but need buffer, that made me ponder over this point for ages
  • angie1
    Options
    Hay nscuffell, I think there must have been only the 4 of you that managed to sit it, ive been waiting to get some idea of the questions, but no1 seems to be answering you, never known it to be so quiet after an exam.!.
  • sheemary
    sheemary Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    what a terrible paper, i have never sat through the the entire 3 hrs and 15 min for an aat exam, this was my last exam and i did it... and i am sure i am goin to fail. i hav done all the questions, but just not the sure whether the answers r right. did any one go for the 12000 extra units produced or stuck to 40000 , pls help me totally confused....
    i just dnt knw wht say :(
  • Nikkih
    Options
    I stuck with the 40000 and i worked out the contribution per unit with the extra 12000 worked out less due to the price reduction, not sure if thats right thou
  • sma22
    Options
    its really weird as was expecting a lot more jibba jabba than this! where the hell is everyone- supposedly 50 something % failed PCR in June so there should be some guys out there who have managed to sit the exam. Changing subject- do you think they will have to write us another paper as we missed todays?
    Guyz you all did your best so don't beat yourselves up- remember it always feels bad straight after the exam- have a sleep , meal etc and you will feel better.
  • noodles
    Options
    sheemary wrote: »
    what a terrible paper, i have never sat through the the entire 3 hrs and 15 min for an aat exam, this was my last exam and i did it... and i am sure i am goin to fail. i hav done all the questions, but just not the sure whether the answers r right. did any one go for the 12000 extra units produced or stuck to 40000 , pls help me totally confused....
    i just dnt knw wht say :(
    i went with 52000 option, I do hope that is 1 mark out of 1000!!! - I feel so depressed
  • noodles
    Options
    sma22 wrote: »
    its really weird as was expecting a lot more jibba jabba than this! where the hell is everyone- supposedly 50 something % failed PCR in June so there should be some guys out there who have managed to sit the exam. Changing subject- do you think they will have to write us another paper as we missed todays?
    Guyz you all did your best so don't beat yourselves up- remember it always feels bad straight after the exam- have a sleep , meal etc and you will feel better.
    you forgot to say a bottle of wine!!
  • Nikkih
    Options
    This could be the kind of question where there was no right or wrong answer it might be it you stuck and based your answer on the 40000 as long as your workings all the way through were correct you gain marks and the same for if you went for the 52000.

I did at first go for the 52000 but thought becuase the contribution per tonne was lower i changed it and stuck with 40000
  • sma22
    Options
    didn't want to encourage you to drown out your sorrows- just hit the pain barrier and go straight through!!! oh and maybe the wine will help you afterall..........................
  • noodles
    Options
    i had crossings out all over the paper, there is no way a marker will be able to mark my work anyway, I just got in a right mess, oh well never mind.
    what did you do about the steeped costs, this through me too
  • purple19m
    purple19m Registered Posts: 92 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I sat my exam in st albans and there must of been about 10 of us there.

I went with the extra 12000 tonnes, i worked it out with the total contribution, which was higher in my calculations (not saying they were right though!), but i almost added on £10 per tonne instead of taking it off, lucky i realised!

Funny as i remembered loads when i came out of PEV but can't remember much from PCR this morning!It's a blur!

I think my operating profit was higher for the 52000 tonnes so i made comments about the sales volume and additional delivery income, i felt a bit blank this time too be honest, i hardly got any sleep last night so i didn't feel my brain was alive today.

Section 2 i found okish but the stepped costs worked out the same as budget, did anyone do the same as i was thinking this can't be right i thought there would of been more calulations there, so now i am worried ive got confused somewhere.

I commented that it should of taken 6 vehicles to complete all deliverys but the adverse varaiances were mainly due to the extra vehicle and extra mileage per delivery increased fuel and servicing cost etc

I think i messed up the budget for the vehicles though, i put 7 down @ cost of 120000, reducing by £20000 for the ones to be sold and then 3 more required @ 120000 each as i took the 52000 tonnes it would of been 8 vehicles to cover this on section 1.

I answered every question and showed every calculation so fingers crossed, i missed off the delivery data on the operating statement though, so i had to write a note at the end of setcion 1 and put it there! not sure if it will be marked but never know!

All in all i feel good i answered every question fully even if not sure i tried, but few things uncertain about, but i'ved messed up papers in the past and still passed, workings are definately important with these exams!
  • fay1984
    fay1984 Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Simply awful

I managed to sit PCR today and wish i hadnt have bothered getting out of bed!! Thought it was worse than June and a complete joke. I dont know about anyone else but i personally havent been taught anything about buffer stock or about dealing with kilometres and deliveries in this way. I believe the examiner has changed but find it unfair to change the paper when the colleges we are studying at tell you to use past paper whic dont have the same content. One more try left and then its Diploma paper for me....NOT HAPPY!
  • fay1984
    Options
    I also went with the 52000 but i couldnt work anything else out after that
  • Nikkih
    Options
    I think ive messed up then i must have done the contribution per unit wrong, could kick myself as i did it all on 52000 in pencil, did section 2 then came back looked at it again and decided to change to to 40000, resist in june looks like then :-(
  • angie1
    Options
    Yea but out of that 50 something % it seems only 20 something % managed to sit it! I hope that as so many of us didnt get to do the paper hey will do another sitting, I dont fancy waiting untill June, and thats the last 1 for paper based exam.
  • Lispre
    Lispre Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    PCR dec 10

I also initially went with the 52000 units but changed my mind because the contribution per unit was lower and changed it to 40000 units. My stepped costs in section 2 worked out the same as the budget as well and that threw me but I stuck with it. I put all the variances down to the extra vehicle used in the actual budget. The last question really threw me off balance and I think I messed that up completely. I think my emails were a bit short and didn't contain enough information but I was really conscious of the time ebbing away and only just finished the paper in time. I'm hoping I've done enough to pass but am dubious!
  • purple19m
    purple19m Registered Posts: 92 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Not necessarily Nikki, it may of been right to do it per unit and not overall, have to wait and find out. I think even if we choase the wrong option we still would of carried forward and done all calculations just with different figures, and showing you know what you can do with figures is the most important thing, numbers can be any number but the calculations will always be the same so think positive!
  • sma22
    Options
    fay1984 wrote: »
    I managed to sit PCR today and wish i hadnt have bothered getting out of bed!! Thought it was worse than June and a complete joke. I dont know about anyone else but i personally havent been taught anything about buffer stock or about dealing with kilometres and deliveries in this way. I believe the examiner has changed but find it unfair to change the paper when the colleges we are studying at tell you to use past paper whic dont have the same content. One more try left and then its Diploma paper for me....NOT HAPPY!
    you are not alone as think we will be asked to wait to June for next re-sit. examiner has definately raised the bar and feels like they are testing more than whats been expected of students in the past. i feel miserable at having to spend the rest of my sundays doing past papers to remember everything for next re-sit when there is a fine beach and other stuff i should be attending to!! how crue-el...........
  • Nikkih
    Options
    I hope so, we will just have to wait and see fingers crossed everyone.

On the stepped part for section 2 i took the budgeted cost and got my answer by times it by the actual vehicles used as when working out the budgeted it was the cost divded by the 6 vehilces used i think!!! trying to remember now
  • fay1984
    Options
    you are not alone as think we will be asked to wait to June for next re-sit. examiner has definately raised the bar and feels like they are testing more than whats been expected of students in the past. i feel miserable at having to spend the rest of my sundays doing past papers to remember everything for next re-sit when there is a fine beach and other stuff i should be attending to!! how crue-el...........[I think its awful that they test something that hasnt been taught or what seems like we havent been taught, they just want to get people to do the new diploma level and pay out more money.The thing about doing past papers is they dont look like what weve had the past two times so whats the point is using them cause they just dont help
Privacy Policy