Level 4 CBAs - anyone done one yet?

Options
Matt444
Matt444 Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
I'm doing the BGT cba in a few days and am starting to panic a bit as I'm not really sure what to expect. I've done the practice online which seemed ok, but wonder if it will be similar in the live exam. I have started looking at PCR papers to help boost my prep but not really sure what else I can do as we only have one practice cba to work with.

Are people finding the live CBAs are similar in content and style to the practices we have available to us?

Comments

• AuntieT
    AuntieT Registered Posts: 96 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I've not even managed to do the practise CBA as can't expand my screen enough

I'm also trying to do the old PCR papers but really want the practise one the new style!

Let me know if you find something more helpful!
  • anitag
    anitag Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    CBA exam

I did a budgeting CBA last week, similar in style to the one loaded on here. My own fault if I fail it as the content was fine, I just struggled to be able to concentrate as relaying the figures from paper (workings out) to the keyboard I kept making typing errors (probably through nerves) plus there seemed to be a delay on the keyboard to screen so it was very off putting On a couple of occasions I noticed what I had calculated on paper was not what I had typed, timing was tight and I had no time to check my work. As I said the exam was fine, just my nerves getting the better of me I think and the lack of use of computers!! You'll be fine.!
  • Matt444
    Options
    Thanks Anita, I feel a bit more relaxed about the BGT cba having read your message! I feel as though I know the content of the syllabus fairly well, but just feel due to the lack of CBA type questions available Im a bit unsure how to prepare for the exam. I've done the PCR papers but the BGT type questions seem shorter and focus on different areas...

Did the live CBA contain two written tasks like the practice online? I think section 2 had a task in the practice assessment where you discussed the variances on an already completed budget (similar to tasks you get in PCR paper based exams).
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    AuntieT wrote: »
    I've not even managed to do the practise CBA as can't expand my screen enough

I'm also trying to do the old PCR papers but really want the practise one the new style!

Let me know if you find something more helpful!

Try pressing F11 when your on the CBA as that expands it so you can see the whole page.
  • Dipak Thanki
    Dipak Thanki Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Press F11. I can't even find the level 4 CBA's lol! Can somebody link me to the PTC cba please? Or tell me how to find it? Cheers
  • Matt444
    Options
  • Dipak Thanki
    Dipak Thanki Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Wait.. what the hell really?!?! I thought it would be like the June 2010 paper... This is all random multiple choice, where are the big questions that include so much stuff?

I am sad :(
  • AuntieT
    AuntieT Registered Posts: 96 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    keane155 wrote: »
    Try pressing F11 when your on the CBA as that expands it so you can see the whole page.

That's what I've tried but nope - just done again - just in case!

The only thing I can think of is that as I'm now using a laptop I might need to do something different.

Anyone any ideas?
  • emma89
    emma89 Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi, did anyone get back to you? I can't F11 either! my exam is tomorrow!!!! AAaaaaagh!
  • Abbie28
    Abbie28 Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    sometimes it can be the web user for example Internet explorer is compatable for the exam but mozilla firefox sometimes does not accept different screen size i asked my friend IT technician from work as i had this problem... god knows why though so try internet explorer sorry this dont work...

also any ideas on 1.2f? only materials question im stuck on :(
  • kimmie1986
    kimmie1986 Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    hey i am due to sit the budgeting cba on the 15th december at my college and im starting to stress out what the exam is going to be like, can anyone confirm if it is exactly like the practice budgeting cba on here in terms of question style and layout as im pretty confident with that layout and style but i have looked at the practice paper ones and this is what im worry the cba will be like!!!

thanks
Privacy Policy