website changes

Options
wildgoose1uk
wildgoose1uk Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi folks

I have been working on my site and taken into account the comments received here and have a new test site at https://sites.google.com/a/galbraithbusinesssolutions.com/test-gbs-com/home

Please have a look and let me know what you think of it....... it is quite different.

Further detail on the phot can be found on the 'About Us' page.

Ta

Barry

Comments

• anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hi

I've just looked at your website again, having looked at it a couple of times yesterday.

When I click on the news page I did think that I'd probably find out news about your business, but somehow I drifted off into reading the news instead of looking at your website! I just wonder how much you really want the news on your website as, if I drifted off and I was there specifically to look at your website would other people drift off into the news section too???

Only other thing, can you make all your qualifications fit on the same line as your name, perhaps by dragging the right hand side of the box to make it bigger, I think you lose the impact of your qualifications as it is.

The new site fitted on my laptop screen 17.3" much better than the previous one did by the way!

Anna ;) Who has just made her 1,000 post!!!!!!! Donut day? Nope I'm snowed in!!!!!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • shadeofblue
    shadeofblue Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi, Yes it looks a lot better and the change in background makes it easier to read.
    Do agree with the News comment I dont think its relevant and might cause people to get distracted and click away from your page.
    Instead of a news page why not consider a company blog page eg like a company tweet page .... that would be interesting but on a professional company progression vibing tweet
  • wildgoose1uk
    wildgoose1uk Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    i ampuzzled how the spelling error got there... I did thepage in word and jusy copied & pasted... user error no doubt!

I have changed the contact page - You are right, it looks better.

I have moved the bbc section to the bottom of the page. What I really wanted was a business news section but I have not been able to find one that I like and that works yet.

A tweet page is an interesting thought and worthy of further consideration. Do you have any pages in mind that I could look at?

Thanks again! :)
Privacy Policy