Salary for people working in practice

Options
blondeturtle
blondeturtle Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
Hi,

I was just wondering what salary people are on who work in practice.

I was on £10,700 since i started my job just over 2 years ago and have been given a pay rise to £12,000. I just feel that i'm still paid quite low and am trying to negotiate a bigger pay rise.

I know i should be grateful in these economical times that i have a job and i'm getting a payrise and i am, i just don't feel very valued.

Comments

• PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    If you get training and time off for study you need to factor that into your wage.

If you still don't feel its sufficient it may be time to look for something new.
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    £12,000 for a junior in an accounts practice sounds about right

semi-seniors tend to get £16,000

seniors £20,000

This is from my personal experience, other people may have different experiences
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hey Reader!

How'd the exam go today - did you remember your list???
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hey Jenny

Thanks for asking.

It went surprising well- I remembered to highlight dates and time apportion, I remembered annual exemption allowance, I remembered the rules on long service benefit (£50) and benefit on christmas parties (£150), etc.

I'm really really happy

I was a complete mess yesterday night, I was literally having a conversation with myself, rambling on about all the mistakes I was going to make

What else do you have left with regard to AAT exams, projects, simulations, work experience?
Privacy Policy