Completing the Course -2003 Standards

Options
purple19m
purple19m Registered Posts: 92 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi all,

Just wandering what everyone still studying the AAT with the 2003 standards has left to do to complete the course?

I have a Skills Test outstanding for unit 7 which i have until end of april to complete.

Health and Safety unit and Skills test again end of April deadline

DFS - not started yet so will sit exam in June, i sat two this week as i didn't want to risk failing so left DFS so i only have that one to sit next year, looking forward to studying for just the one exam next year!

The one i'm most worried about is unit 10 as i've not even looked at this yet and got en email from Premier Training saying the first draft has to be in by Dec 31st!! PANICK!! Is anyone else been giving a deadline for this? Is 3 weeks enough to read up and do a first draft? I have no idea as not looked yet, wish i got an email earlier about the deadline.

So a busy 6 months ahead, but good in a way as i know i will be completed by June next year! I can't wait, then on to the next chapter!

Please tell me i'm not the only one with lots of work left?! lol

Comments

• mickeymacca
    mickeymacca Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I am in a similar situation. I have the Unit 10 project to complete and have n't started it yet, and I do not work in an accounts environment so not sure yet how I am gonna skin that proverbial cat. Just wanted to get these exams out of the way before focusing on Unit 10 with maybe some voluntary work experience, if that is realistic. Like you I had no idea there were deadlines until I received a similar message, was hoping to have had a six month period on this if necessary.........
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Everyone with Premier Training was sent that e-mail from the look of it.

I had a few extra things to add to my projecct and have sent off my third draft today which I'm hoping is my final draft!

Start reading the book and making notes. It is possible to get your first draft in by the end of December. Just be prepared for it to take a while to mark and be sent back - I'm guessing there a lot of people now working on their unit 10 to get it in by then!
  • purple19m
    Options
    I don't work in an accounting enviornment either, I work part time doing customer services so will have to decide what the best action is to take.

I thought about voluntary work too but again it's finding the time to do this too,life is busy to say the least!

Well done Lou not long until your signed off then! Thanks for replying as it's good to hear I have enough time to get it done, I'm a mum of two toddlers and a carer so I have to plan what i'm doing well ahead, if it's not in my diary then it don't get done! When i say diary i mean neverending list of things to do lol So when i saw the deadline i thought oh no!! Least it is just the first draft by the end of dec so still got time after to improve and complete it.

I don't mind waiting for marking can see from the tutors point of view, they will be extra busy why everyone is finishing up over the coming months!

Keep finding myself typing in the dark as my 1 year old can reach the light switch, on, off, on off lol Terrorising me already!
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I have unit 10, DFS and MAC left

I'm going to spend the next two months doing Unit 10

But I have no idea what I'm going to do it on.

What is everyone else going to do it on?
  • pirate
    pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I have Unit 31 - which consists now of 3 skills test
    Unit 32 Professional Ethics
    Unit 15 Cash management
    Unit 10 Project

I am with premier and also got the email I think its so that they dont get innundated at the last min.
    Havent started the project dont even know where to begin as was going to get the skills stuff out of the way first but am quite happy to start

anyway hopefully we will be fine.

K
  • purple19m
    Options
    All got enough to keep us busy then until June, just think then it will be summer and we can have a break for summer next year. I'll probably enrol on something else next winter as i like to hibernate when possible in winter so need something to keep me occupied!

I'm not sure about unit 10, i've browsed the book quickly today, just wandering if i can use something in my customer service role to write the project on, only thing i can think of is we send out a lot of engineers that when they arrived on site the problem is resolved, so just wandering if i could go down the cost saving route, as in more frontline training and more info for customers which would cut down engineer visits and save money and look into it that way as i know if i could i would be able to cover a lot of ground with it.

If not then i don't know, have to think of something else!
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    purple19m wrote: »
    All got enough to keep us busy then until June, just think then it will be summer and we can have a break for summer next year. I'll probably enrol on something else next winter as i like to hibernate when possible in winter so need something to keep me occupied!

I'm not sure about unit 10, i've browsed the book quickly today, just wandering if i can use something in my customer service role to write the project on, only thing i can think of is we send out a lot of engineers that when they arrived on site the problem is resolved, so just wandering if i could go down the cost saving route, as in more frontline training and more info for customers which would cut down engineer visits and save money and look into it that way as i know if i could i would be able to cover a lot of ground with it.

If not then i don't know, have to think of something else!

Hello

I just did MAC and variances obviously came to mind ....with the engineers thing ...maybe throw in labour budget and rate/efficiency variance saving? you know idle time skilled trained enginneers vs non skilled..... if the enginners are full time contracted hours vs temp non contracted hours risk of engineers not turning up cost the entity to send another engineer to do the job etc

I am in a strange position at the moment i believe

I have to do Unit 15 OCMC Cash control and management to finish Level 3 (planned to do this with Kaplan at the end of Jan)

Unit 32 Professional Ethics ... dont know when probably right after unit 15

Unit 10 Project : mine is going to be based around sales ledger /credit control ....already drafting ideas etc

And then one or two of the tax units probably the personal one as it seems it is easier ...

so basically paper based exams would be only the PTC in June but if i do the above units before march then i might change to the new qualification to do PTC as a cbe to give me the freedom to sit it whenever

OH of course those are my plans IF i pass DFS and MAC if not well i will cross that bridge then!
Privacy Policy