Change of Address - VAT

Options
JodieR
JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
I've managed to change a client's correspondance address online for Corp tax and PAYE without any problems, but can't see how to do it for VAT - am I being stupid or do I just need to complete that 484 form?
Jodie

Comments

• deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Yes, the VAT people are still on a different planet to everyone else at HMRC!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Ok now I'm being thick - we always just write a letter to the tax office.

Please can I be enlightened about the nice simple way of changing CT and PAYE, and whats a 484 form?!
  • JodieR
    Options
    If you go into your client's PAYE/Corp tax records online you can click on 'client details' or something like that and just change the address there, but it's not an option for VAT apparently (thanks dean!)
    And I first encountered form 484 last month when a client needed his bank account details changed with HMRC and that is what I was told to fill in - turns out you can use it for other VAT stuff too like if you want to ask for your vat periods to be changed, and for change of address. Of course it's not as simple as it sounds as it can only be signed by a director, not an authorised agent.... grrrrr!
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Ok now I'm being thick - we always just write a letter to the tax office.

Please can I be enlightened about the nice simple way of changing CT and PAYE, and whats a 484 form?!

Hi Jenni, here's a link to a 484, funnliy enough I used one only the other week!

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081183951&r.s=e&r.l4=1081167581&r.l1=1073858808&r.lc=en&r.l3=1083127445&r.l2=1083126673&r.i=1081179364&r.t=RESOURCES

can't see where to change address on Ct and PAYE though.
  • JodieR
    Options
    I've tried uploading a rather blurry screenshot of where you need to click to access it online - hope it helps!
    Jodie
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Thanks y'all... Learn a new thing every day!
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    JodieR wrote: ยป
    I've tried uploading a rather blurry screenshot of where you need to click to access it online - hope it helps!
    Jodie

Cheers Jodie, can't believe I didn't look there!!
Privacy Policy