Resits Next Week

jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
I had a private message last night from someone who has just joined saying that their Tutor has informed them that Resits are to be next week. Has anyone heard about this as I have never been informed?
ยซ1

Comments

• jewels.p
    OK panic over just phoned the AAT and they said that resits arent next week. They still havent made a decision as to whats happening.

Phew
  • reddwarf
    reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hope your heart rate has come back down Jewels!!
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    have you trashed the one that sent you the PM??

i hope this can be resolved soon and you are at least told when the resits are to happen ie prior to Xmas or after.
  • litasangel316
    litasangel316 Registered Posts: 13 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Ive just spoken to the AAT again and they have told me that i will recieve an email by tomorrow outlining what my options are, i.e. whether there will be resits, refunds etc. Only monday they told me someone would be phoning me this week....doesn't look like thats happening now. Anyway hope this helps jewels!!
  • jobod
    jobod Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Sorry it was me, my tutor called last night to tell me the resits were 13/14/15th dec, she had received a email from AAT? maybe it is just my area? she is ringing me tonight to let me know which of the 3 days my exam is on!!
  • jobod
    Hi, Ok ive got it from the horses mouth! I have called AAT and the resits are on Tues/Wed/Thursday next week (I am taking DFS) so this is def on. There will also be an option that if you cannot make these days you will be offered CBA which must be taken by the end of the year! Talk about stress!!
  • jewels.p
    What day is DFS?

Mine is MAC and BTC
  • jobod
    Hi, They could not tell me, they said my tutor will rec an e-mail before 5pm tonight.
  • jewels.p
    Hi Jo,

After being told this morning by the AAT that they still didnt know what was happening I phoned my Training Provider and they told me that they had received the same email last night that your Tutor had got. The lady I spoke to confirmed what your tutor told you and advised me to contact the College where I was due to sit them. I have eventually got hold of someone there and have been informed that they will find out this evening and will definitely contact me tomorrow to confirm that the resits are next week.

My Training Provider informed me that the only one that wouldnt be available as a CBE is MAC (Which is one of the ones I need to do) The AAT havent said yet what is to happen about MAC if the College isnt able to accomodate the exams next week. This apparently will be decided by tonight.

This is so bloody stressful I am frightened I muck up after all this worrying! :sad:
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi Jo,

After being told this morning by the AAT that they still didnt know what was happening I phoned my Training Provider and they told me that they had received the same email last night that your Tutor had got. The lady I spoke to confirmed what your tutor told you and advised me to contact the College where I was due to sit them. I have eventually got hold of someone there and have been informed that they will find out this evening and will definitely contact me tomorrow to confirm that the resits are next week.

My Training Provider informed me that the only one that wouldnt be available as a CBE is MAC (Which is one of the ones I need to do) The AAT havent said yet what is to happen about MAC if the College isnt able to accomodate the exams next week. This apparently will be decided by tonight.

This is so bloody stressful I am frightened I muck up after all this worrying! :sad:

Good luck and revise!!! it is the only thing that you should be doing instead of being worried .....we can also help you here with remembering the Variances and so .....

I hope you can sit MAC and get it done one and for all .....
  • reddwarf
    Jewels you've got the advantage of another BTC paper to look at too, from 30th November, it's published now so that'll help!

Just enjoy the use of the extra time.
  • AuntieT
    AuntieT Registered Posts: 96 Regular contributor โญ
    Depends which paper - we were told today that the system wasn't going to be repaired till 17th so can't see how they can do re-sits till then!
  • reddwarf
    Hmmm I've just looked under past exam papers as per the e mail from the AAT reqarding exam questionnaire saying last week's papers are there, but I can't see them ...
  • bemusedstudent
    bemusedstudent Registered Posts: 19 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    i have found the past papers from last week on there, checking how PCR was as I didn't get to take it
  • angie1
    angie1 Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor โญ
    Does anyone know if it all the papers next week, I didnt get to sit PCR know one has contacted me to say they are next week!
  • jewels.p
    I didnt get informed either it was Jo who pm'd me last night thats the only reason I knew. I phoned the AAT this morning and was told they knew nothing about it. Then this afternoon when I phoned my Training Provider they said that the AAT had sent an email to them yesterday late on in the day. I was then told to contact the College where I was meant to sit them and they said that resits are possibly happening next week and a decision was being made by 5pm today. The College is supposedly gonna phone me back tomorrow.

So if it wasnt for Jo I would still know nothing as noone at all got in contact with me even to say this may be happening.
  • jewels.p
    Hmmm I've just looked under past exam papers as per the e mail from the AAT reqarding exam questionnaire saying last week's papers are there, but I can't see them ...

Yeah they were there this afternoon. I printed off MAC and BTC papers to see what I would have gone through if I had sat the Exams!
  • mariamcd020
    mariamcd020 Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor โญ
    exams are on!

Exams are definately on!

Tuesday 2pm PCR
    Wednesday 9.30DFS
    Thursday 9.30 PTC

This is from my college... i dont know about other units this is just the ones i need to sit!
  • bemusedstudent
    yes, doing PCR tuesday afternoon, hooray!! didnt think it would be this quick tbh
  • staceylou
    staceylou Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor โญ
    im glad to be doing PCR next week however arnt they predicting heavy snow storms for next week aswel...not sure how true it is...
  • jewels.p
    I phoned the College and they still dont know!!!!!!!
  • jewels.p
    im glad to be doing PCR next week however arnt they predicting heavy snow storms for next week aswel...not sure how true it is...

Yip Heavy Snow Forecast for Monday onwards again bloody great! :mad:
  • staceylou
    sods law that!! i was sorta hoping it wasnt correct what i had heard!!!

and ive just phoned college they said they didnt know anything...until i quoted what i had read on here and then she confirmed the exam was on tuesday...so why she couldnt just tell me that if she knew is beyond me!!!
  • sdeabill
    sdeabill Registered Posts: 17 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    its a sham that us who made it dont get another chance to sit the new one, after all the hassel and problems and stress of waking up and trying to get to college to sit the exam paper, only to find a rearly horriable exam :( just hope i passed it.
  • staceylou
    which exam did you do??
  • jewels.p
    College just phoned me back to say MAC is on Tuesday at 9.30am and BTC is on Wednesday at 2pm
  • bemusedstudent
    I've just been told the other person sitting it isn't doing it until after Christmas so could I do the computer based one instead. Anyone know how different this is and if I can find examples anywhere please?
  • jewels.p
    I would NOT recommend it. I have had no experience myself but everyone that has done it has had nothing but hassle just look at all the posts on them. Push them to get you to resit a paper based one as it was not your fault they were cancelled.
  • litasangel316
    litasangel316 Registered Posts: 13 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    For the people who have had their resits confirmed are you sitting paper based or CBA's? AAT seems to think they will be CBAS as a decision still hasnt been made?!?!?
    Ive just spoken to the AAT again and they are telling me to call back Tuesday if i havent heard anything and that there are meeting continuing today as to what will be done.
    I tried calling my study provider and they just told me to call the AAT!

Has any one had their exam resits confirmed by the AAT at all? i am really worried these resits will take place and i will miss them because knowone will tell me anything :(
  • staceylou
    ive just phoned aat, the lady said its definatly paper based exams and they are definatly taking place next week.. and emails will be sent out to all students later today
Privacy Policy