Manchester Student Protest

A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Hi all i attempted to go into manchester today and found myself cought up in the so called student protests from what i seen i even doubt these are students i am totally against the possiblity of trebling tution fee's however am disgusted with the way this ment to be peaceful protest is turning out.

Comments

• A-Vic
    and no i was there christmas shopping before someone says lol
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I would bet those causing the trouble aren't your average students.

Hope you escaped ok!!
  • A-Vic
    Yeah we managed to get out of it as fast as we got cought up in it thank goodness was pretty scarry at the time tho they have played it down on tv but i bet a few was hurt and there was massies of police around, but trust me they were professional rioters
  • A-Vic
    well from looking on-line they say it was a protest against top shop avoiding paying tax????? not from where i seen
  • katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    There is another student protest in Manchester tomorrow about student fees.

www.nus.org.uk has all the info and is advising to steer clear of the centre of Manchester.

Everyone has been warned!
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    katie2008 wrote: »
    There is another student protest in Manchester tomorrow about student fees.

www.nus.org.uk has all the info and is advising to steer clear of the centre of Manchester.

Everyone has been warned!

We were going into Manchester today, went the other way to Preston when we heard about the protests.

But, I had to pay for my accountancy tuition fees, now I'm paying my debts back from my increased salary.
Privacy Policy