PCR paper Dec 10

Options
2»

Comments

• rybka
    rybka Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    angie1 wrote: »
    Thanks but i'm not to sure, were most of your variances adverse for section 2, I think there was only 1 or 2 that wasnt? the fixed costs were quite a lot, thats what made me think that it may have been based on 10 not 9?

I think it was a similar scenario to previous december paper where they based the costs on 6 not 7 vehicles.
    Most of my variances were adverse, total i think was around 83,000 or 88,000 (A) think there was only 2 favourable variances which were fixed costs i think. i based my flex budget on 9 vehicles so would have been less costs incurred in the flexed budget than should have incurred (so actual costs were more than budget hence adverse variances)

From the calculation of how many vehicles should have been used it worked out as 9 so they overspent on using 10.Additional costs not necessary.
    Is that what you got?
  • sdeabill
    sdeabill Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi,

after reading this post, it makes me cross that the paper was so simular to the one i sat on 2nd dec, the new content that had not been in passed exams but was in dec, lots of time to keep going over the dec exam.

how do u think they will mark the exams, will they mark the dec 2nd paper and have a pass rate for that one, and then a pass rate for the 14th dec.

i cant see how this has been done fair, if the case is only a few changes, ie higher selling price instead of lower selling price, and differant figures.

i am only upset because i made a silly mistake in my first exam, didnt know about the capital bit. also flexed the budget and then did most of them as but compaired the budget against the actual. thats a lot of marks lost i think. but in my report stated that the cost were over budget.

i just hope that AAT treat the 2nd dec with a bit of leanance, as we did have lots of snow where i was and the car i was traveling was all over the place, so was very stressful.
  • noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    sdeabill wrote: »
    Hi,

after reading this post, it makes me cross that the paper was so simular to the one i sat on 2nd dec, the new content that had not been in passed exams but was in dec, lots of time to keep going over the dec exam.

how do u think they will mark the exams, will they mark the dec 2nd paper and have a pass rate for that one, and then a pass rate for the 14th dec.

i cant see how this has been done fair, if the case is only a few changes, ie higher selling price instead of lower selling price, and differant figures.

i am only upset because i made a silly mistake in my first exam, didnt know about the capital bit. also flexed the budget and then did most of them as but compaired the budget against the actual. thats a lot of marks lost i think. but in my report stated that the cost were over budget.

i just hope that AAT treat the 2nd dec with a bit of leanance, as we did have lots of snow where i was and the car i was traveling was all over the place, so was very stressful.
    I have to say I do feel the same. I do feel sorry for those who were not able to sit the exam but I too was so stressed on the day due to the snow. For the second exam to be so similar seems so unfair considering the paper was discussed in so much detail and answers given out. All those people would know how to handle buffer stock and capital items. How can these be marked in the same way? This is no dig at the students just AAT!
  • whos that girl
    whos that girl Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    this was the worst paper i hjad ever sat.... totally stummbled and it was an resit for me too as i was ill on my last one... i think i may have to resit again, although i am hoping that my workings (as i done the paper based one) will tip it to a pass... thou i think it may be a miracle....
  • Ogaufi
    Ogaufi Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I attempted section 2 of the paper and struggled with flexing the stepped costs for 1000 deliveries. In the answers, it seems they have been taken as budgeted for 940 deliveries. can anyone help??
  • Woooof
    Woooof Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Ogaufi wrote: »
    I attempted section 2 of the paper and struggled with flexing the stepped costs for 1000 deliveries. In the answers, it seems they have been taken as budgeted for 940 deliveries. can anyone help??
    It's because they are both within the same step that the figures are exactly the same.

5 steps = 5 * 175 deliveries = 875 deliveries max
    6 steps = 6 * 175 deliveries = 1050 deliveries max
Privacy Policy