Advice needed....?

rachelmg Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ?
Hi there,

I am a first time poster (so please be gentle)...

I live in "the sticks" and am surrounded by Farms, I have some friends who run a farm and keep asking me to do their accounts (well the prep work anyway). I am level 3 qualified (will be do level 4 next year hopefully)

My questions are: firstly can I do this? can I charge? and finally is there a specific "Farm" unit I can take when fully qualified?

Thanks for any information or if you can point me in the right direction!



  • Monsoon
    Monsoon FMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 4,071 ? ? ?
    Hi Rachel

    Yes you can do accounts and charge for them as a student. The rules in a nutshell are you're not allowed to refer to the AAT until you're a full member, and you're only allowed to take on work for which you're competent, and you must ask for help if you're unsure.

    I don't think there's a specific farm unit you can take (not with the AAT anyway). There are some quirks to farming accounts so it might be worthwhile spending some time on google or getting a specialist book to have a look through?

    Good luck
Privacy Policy