Reclaiming tax if you've overpaid through your job

richiebkerry Registered Posts: 45 Dedicated contributor 🌟 🐵 🌟
I think I'm owed some overpaid tax (in the past couple of jobs I've had I've paid emergency tax a couple of times and have never had a rebate).

Does anybody MIP provide this service?




  • burg
    burg Moderator, FMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 1,441
    You can deal with this yourself.

    You need to write to your local tax office with your own details and details of your employments. Preferably P60's and P45's or payslips but if not then details of each employer.

    They should then review this and let you know of their decision.

  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002
    Or you can fill in an R40 form, it's very straightforward if the only income you've had is from employment - just fill in the employment box and your personal details and send it to the tax office.

  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448
    P50 if you are now unemployed I think. What about someone who is now a full-time student - any idea which form that is?

    Just checked - P50 for that too!
Privacy Policy