ACCA results

Options
Glynis
Glynis Registered Posts: 488 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
I have heard that if you fail your exam you can ask for it to be reviewed for marks. Has anyone ever done this and what does it involve? Do they remark your paper? In case I fail mine I might consider it if anyone has ever done it.

Comments

• Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    There really is no point, it costs a lot of money and all they do is add up the marks again to check if they have been added correctly. They don't review the marks that a marker has given you, it really is not worth what it costs

http://www.accaglobal.com/students/results/reviews
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Don't worry too much Glynis, everybody's going to get their problem area (mine'll be law, without a doubt). Two of the most competant people I know took 7 & 10 years to pass all of the exams, so take it in your stride & enjoy the challenge. Best of luck for the year ahead.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Glynis wrote: ยป
    I have heard that if you fail your exam you can ask for it to be reviewed for marks. Has anyone ever done this and what does it involve? Do they remark your paper? In case I fail mine I might consider it if anyone has ever done it.

From what I've read, all they do is add up the marks again. Which is probably going to be a waste of time, its not the full re-mark that AAT do.
  • Glynis
    Options
    So probably sounds like a waste of time.

Why do they make you wait so long for your results. It's a bit unreasonable to have to wait this long don't you think?
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I dont think its unreasonable as they have so many papers to mark - its just EXTREMELY irritating that it takes so long. Still over 5 week to go!
  • PGM
    Options
    I'm in no rush to find out.
  • messedup89
    Options
    PGM wrote: ยป
    I'm in no rush to find out.

Im ALWAYS in a rush to find out!

So i know what (if any) college courses to book next
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I agree with you, it doesn't leave a lot of time between results day and the next exam sitting. I started back at college with F7 on Monday and hope to teach myself F9 (waiting for my tutor to order me the textbook, hope it doesn't take to long, need to get started soon!) but if it's all gone to pot come February 21st, I'll just have to reasses things!
  • Vics
    Vics Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Im like you. Im always in a rush to find out! i just hate waiting. Roll on Feb for results for F4 & F5
    x
  • Glynis
    Options
    Well I have rung the ACCA today asking them to justify why we are made to wait so long and I was told that it is because of the length of time needed to mark the exams and feed the results into the system. I cannot believe it takes 2 months to do that and for how much it costs to do these papers we should get the results quicker.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Glynis you are honestly unreal.

You seem to feel the world owns you something...
  • PGM
    Options
    Well I have rung the ACCA today asking them to justify why we are made to wait so long and I was told that it is because of the length of time needed to mark the exams and feed the results into the system. I cannot believe it takes 2 months to do that and for how much it costs to do these papers we should get the results quicker.

How very dare they take so long!
  • AK002
    Options
    The ACCA is a MASSIVE worldwide institute. They have hundreds of thousands of scripts to mark.

No doubt you'd be the first to complain if they got the results wrong? So they also have to check that!
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I suspect the markers are just a little bit lazy.... I guess they only have a few hundred scripts each to mark, they should rattle them off in a few hours
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I suspect the markers are just a little bit lazy.... I guess they only have a few hundred scripts each to mark, they should rattle them off in a few hours

Annette - love it. Where is the*LIKE* button when you need it!!!!! Where's Steve??????? :lol:
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I cannot believe it takes 2 months to do that

The AAT takes the same amount of time, what's the problem so?
  • messedup89
    Options
    Jut incase anyone wants to know the answers for the December ACCA exams, answers are now on the site (except F7)
  • AK002
    Options
    Will take a look.

Can't even remember what I wrote lol!
Privacy Policy