Practice papers for Unit 5 financial accounting

Hopeipassx
Hopeipassx Registered Posts: 66 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi

Does anyone know why the past exam papers on AAT website for Unit 5 Financial Accounting i.e FRA June 2010 questions, are quite different to whats in the Osborne books practice assessments?

The Osborne books state its a 2 hour exam and is much shorter whilst the papers on AAT state 3hr 15mins and is lengthier?

Persides the two practice papers in the Osborne books is there any more practice papers anywhere as I think ill need all the help i can get? And are is the exam in Feb going to be like the exam's in the books? :)

Thanks.

Comments

• keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi,

Are you doing the computer based exam in February? I think you get less time to complete the computer based exams. The paper based would be three hours 15 minutes, but it may be that the book you are using is written under the new standards (computer based). There should be quite a few past papers on myaat under the past paper section.
  • emma123
    emma123 Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Are you with Premier Training? If you are, it's worth asking them for some additional practice papers as they've loads. I imagine all colleges would be the same though
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hopeipassx wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know why the past exam papers on AAT website for Unit 5 Financial Accounting i.e FRA June 2010 questions, are quite different to whats in the Osborne books practice assessments?

Thanks.

The practice assessment papers are under the new QCF accounting standard. Under the new QCF the financial module has been split into 2 separate assessments. AP1 and AP2. They are both CBA exams over 2 hours each.

Unit 5 FRA is a financial unit examined under the the 2003 standards. The assessment is different from the new AP papers. Looking at your previous posts I believe that you are doning your AAT Level 3 under the new standards. Therefore for AP1 exams only some of the section 2 of old FRA papers will be relevant to you. (especially the ETB and adjustments).

However, the first section of FRA skill's tests will be very relevant to practice for the first part of AP1. Almost all the skills test also has an ETB which can be used for practice for the second part of AP1 exam paper
Privacy Policy