Title for unit 10

Options
Primble
Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi

I know what i want to do my project on, just not sure how to phrase the title. Basically its about implementing a new stock control system as one is needed.

Has anyone done something similar?

Comments

• taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    my tutor told me not to think up a quirky title. i just put my name, aat number etc on it and that was accepted.

Tracy
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Although my project is not on inventory/stock, I have just finished my project proposal and have just finished giving my project a title.

I guess you could call your project:

An assessment of the current inventory control system and recommendations to improve it

Or

A report on the implementation of an inventory control system

Just out of interest, what research methods, if any, are you using?
  • Primble
    Options
    Honestly i was just coming up with an idea when reading the book and need to clear it with work before it get too far
  • Primble
    Options
    Right so i dropped my tutor an email saying about basing the project on stock control and she said that was a good idea. Is that all i have to do? can i get started now?
  • Nikdoug
    Nikdoug Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    After comming up with my initial idea i went on to construct a proforma for my report i.e various titles and subtitles and included rough bullet points of what i was going to include within the sections. I then emailed this to my tutor before carrying on and "bulking" out the report.
  • Primble
    Options
    cool thanks
  • Primble
    Options
    Right time to pick your brains again. i too have picked up a pad of paper and brainstormed. my question if though, if you include minutes of a meetin where you a. discuss subject of report with your manager and b, then go on and discuss what she would like to see from th system, where would you include this as it wouldn't be in the third person?

and another question, how much information is too much information when describing the company? would i just say its a door company with expected turnover of £x and this is the current situation with stock control, and this is how the accounts department work. or does it need more description. i know there will be the hierarchy later on so will that do.

I printed off the stuff about the project off the aat website and it maks a lot of mentioning about how you change things and plan things and encourage colleagues to come to you when they have a problem but how do you incorporate things like that into the project smoothly when they dont always tie in with stock control and i have no control anyway as i'm not a manager?
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Use the appendix for the memo. As for the company introduction, it depends on how much you want to add there. I got quite a bit in mine, going in detail what the company does, what they focus on customer wise, what government agencies they deal with (covers a point) etc. I didn't add turnover or production levels, as my company found that it was too sensitive information to give away. I did also give a short description of the accounts department, how many people work there in total and the specific purchase ledger where I focussed on.

That was all in the introduction, then later on I had a full description in the SWOT analysis of how the department currently works and part of that was the strength and weaknesses and part of that was just description of how the department is run.

Hope that helps!
  • Primble
    Options
    Brilliant! really helpful, thanks :)
Privacy Policy