Details or list of software for bookkeeping and small sets of accounts

Options
GinnyBee
GinnyBee Registered, Tutor Posts: 131 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi

Does anyone know if there is a comprehensive list of all the different accounting and bookkeeping software available?

I'm trying to research the various options available for software both for bookkeping and producing small sets of accounts. I have Googled this and get a lot of options, but wondered if there was maybe a central point I could go to to find the software, especially as I do not want to miss any options.

I am looking at bookkeeping software for SME's, alternatives to Sage and Quickbooks, software I can either set a client up with to use themselves or I use to do their bookkeeping for them. And at software suitable for a new member in practice to use to produce clients accounts, along the lines of IRIS but preferably cheaper!

Thank you for your help

Ginny

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I don't know if there's a definitive list anywhere, but my recommendations are:

Bookkeeping

Solar accounts (discounted here)
    VT Transaction+

Both are multi company, you don't need to pay for separate licences per client

Acccounts production

VT Accounts Production

Tax Returns

Legatio FTax
    TaxCalc

Both of these are introducing some kind of client manager system this year.

Digita is an integrated solution like IRIS but is much more expensive.

Hope that helps!
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi Jenni

Have you experience in Solar Accounts? Just wondering if there was a place for recording tax and NI payments to HMRC and wages to employees? I've been on website and cant find anything specific for that, but overall a good website, think I might give then a go!

Cheers x
  • wildgoose1uk
    wildgoose1uk Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Rachey wrote: ยป
    Hi Jenni

Have you experience in Solar Accounts? Just wondering if there was a place for recording tax and NI payments to HMRC and wages to employees? I've been on website and cant find anything specific for that, but overall a good website, think I might give then a go!

Cheers x

Did you post a query on their forum or email them? They usually respond fairly quickly.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I don't use the standard chart of accounts on Solar so I don't know. All you do is set up a Liability account called "HMRC Payroll Liabilities" or similar and use it as a control account. Solar is very customisable.

One last thing - the discount linked above will be reduced to 20% on 18th Jan so if anyone wants to buy it cheaper, get in quick!
  • GinnyBee
    GinnyBee Registered, Tutor Posts: 131 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Thank you for the help everyone. I'll check them out see which of them might meet my requirements!
Privacy Policy