Registering a Partnership with HMRC

Options
Fingersan
Fingersan Registered Posts: 84 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi Guys

I sent a letter to HMRC with the 'new' SA400/SA401's back at the beginning of November for a client so that I can get a UTR for the partnership. I know it should have been done within three months.

I phone HMRC mid December and was advised that they had not dealt with November's post yet and so I have just phoned HMRC today who said that they have not received anything and advised me to send the forms again!!

Obviously, a 2010 Partnership Return will now be late!.. My question to you knowledgeable folks is... Does anyone have a phone number where I may be able to speak to somebody at HMRC that can deal with registering a partnership, perhaps at Longbenton?

As you can probably tell, I am really frustrated and angry at HMRC 'working together' !!!!

Please help.... please...

Comments

• JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that tax returns are due the later of 3 months after the date of issue and 31 January so if they only issue the returns on say 10th Feb 2011 then they'll only be due by 10th May 2011. Probably still a good idea to calculate the tax due and if your clients do already have UTRs they could still pay the tax on time.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    JodieR wrote: »
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that tax returns are due the later of 3 months after the date of issue and 31 January so if they only issue the returns on say 10th Feb 2011 then they'll only be due by 10th May 2011. Probably still a good idea to calculate the tax due and if your clients do already have UTRs they could still pay the tax on time.

Yep that's my understanding, it's certainly true for SA100s and I assume the same is true for SA800s.
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Only if notification is done on time which does not appear to be the case.
Privacy Policy