Accountant job vacancy

Options
Monsoon
Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Job Vacancy: Accountant

I am looking for an AAT qualified accountant to assist in my growing practice, based in East Wiltshire.

The ideal candidate would have practice experience, specifically experience of accounts preparation for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies, along with the relevant personal and business taxes.

The position is currently 8 hours pers week (flexible arrangements available) with a view to increasing over time.

Competitive rates of pay.

Please email your CV and covering letter to jenni(at)farrantfrost(dot)co(dot)uk

Due to the busy nature of January, I cannot guarantee to respond to all emails promptly but will do my best!

Interviews will be held in February.

Many thanks.

Comments

• AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    You pay good so I've heard haha!

Any rough ideas on salaries? Enough to warrant a move from Scotland?!
  • Monsoon
    Options
    Relocation for 8 hours a week? You're nuts! The pay will be good enough in general, but not that good! ;)
  • Monsoon
    Options
  • AK002
    Options
    Monsoon wrote: Β»
    Relocation for 8 hours a week? You're nuts! The pay will be good enough in general, but not that good! ;)

Funnily enough I may actually be moving to London if I get a job I've applied for lol.
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    AK002 wrote: Β»
    Funnily enough I may actually be moving to London if I get a job I've applied for lol.

i believe our company is looking for a credit controller in london to cover maternity leave
  • AK002
    Options
    Which company is that?
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I love the "handwritten covering letter" request - nice touch! Must remember that one..
  • Monsoon
    Options
    I think you can tell a lot about someone by their handwriting. It also shows who's paying attention to detail if you get a typed covering letter back.... ;)
  • wildgoose1uk
    wildgoose1uk Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I am not sure you can these days. It may have been possible in the past but nowadays when so much is done by computer many people's handwriting is not of the standard it would have been before pc's were so widespread. Unless of course writing by hand is part of the regular day to day job.
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    AK002 wrote: Β»
    Which company is that?

computacenter uk ltd

they usually advertise through agency

office angels are the ones that come to mind at the moment
  • Fireraiser
    Fireraiser Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Monsoon wrote: Β»
    I think you can tell a lot about someone by their handwriting.

All you can tell about me is that I have exceptionally scruffy handwriting ;)
  • deanshepherd
    Options
    ..and scruffy shoes no doubt!
  • Monsoon
    Options
    I don't judge people by their shoes. I have scruffy shoes a lot of the time. :lol:

I don't judge people by their handwriting either, it's just interesting. I know some brilliant people with awful handwriting.
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I find my handwriting is really neat and tidy when I am feeling confident, but goes to pieces when I'm not. Hence handwritten letters of application are written out several times before I am happy with both the content and the writing!

Wonder what that says about me?
  • Monsoon
    Options
    Jan wrote: Β»
    I find my handwriting is really neat and tidy when I am feeling confident, but goes to pieces when I'm not. Hence handwritten letters of application are written out several times before I am happy with both the content and the writing!

Wonder what that says about me?
    I don't know but that sounds a lot like me, my handwriting is very changeable dependent on mood.
  • Psyche
    Psyche Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    My handwriting is terrible, but if you look at my CV you'll find it easily explained by my 10 years working in journalism :)

I'm not sure if I'd want any job badly enough to handwrite a covering letter. Seriously.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Psyche wrote: Β»
    ...if you look at my CV you'll find it easily explained by my 10 years working in journalism

Well if it was working for one of the infamous tabloids, I'm sure it'd just be two more unnecessary pages of crap and lies in the world ;)
  • deanshepherd
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: Β»
    I'm sure it'd just be two more unnecessary pages of crap and lies in the world ;)

What else is a CV for ?!
Privacy Policy