Sending out speculative letters to employers

geek84
geek84 Registered Posts: 568 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi Folks

I am on the certificate stage of the AAT and not working at the moment. I am thinking of sending out a fair amount of speculative letters to local employers in the hope of finding suitable employment (anything to do with accounts/book keeping).

I have 2 questions -

Could someone please advice what I should write in the spec letter (cover letter)? I want to ideally highlight the things I have learned in the course so far, but they are already covered in the CV!

After I have produced the letters, hopefully via merge mail, does anybody know of any typing services, or similar, who could print all those letters out for me on a good quality printer?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello

Where are you based? Have you tried looking at Yell.com or the Thomson Directory for companies that may be able provide this service? You may be able to find a company who will print, fold and mail the letters for you. You could also do a search on Google.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • geek84
    geek84 Registered Posts: 568 Epic contributor 🐘
    Good Moerning

Many thanks for you reply JC.

Apart from secretarial or typing services, what other kerywords could I put in google to do this search?

Thank You.
  • Paul C
    Paul C Registered Posts: 193 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I think books on CV writing sometimes have sections on how to write covering letters - could be worth a try. Library perhaps?

Have you tried one of the local / smaller employment agencies in your area , they often have very good links with local accounting practices and could send around your details for you.

An employer near me has recently taken on several A.A.T apprentices under the National Apprenticeship Scheme, via a local college, with A.A.T training provided. Could be worth asking your tutor or one of the bigger local A.A.T. course providers.

http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/Employers.aspx

http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/Types-of-Apprenticeships/Business-Administration-and-Law/Accounting.aspx
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Office Supplies, Printers, Printing Supplies, Copying Services etc... or perhaps you have a friend with a laser printer who could print these for you?

geek84 wrote: »
    Good Moerning

Many thanks for you reply JC.

Apart from secretarial or typing services, what other kerywords could I put in google to do this search?

Thank You.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy